By I hate retail - 27/11/2015 02:26 - Australia - Kensington

Today, I had to carry a 25kg bag of cement to an elderly customer's car because she refused to use a cart. "You're paid to work, so I'm gonna make you work." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 453
You deserved it 3 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Carts are meant to convey goods from one point to other. OP could have used that time and effort elsewhere. That was unfair.

Comments

That is the kind of rhetoric I use to get pizza delivery people to hand feed me pizza. If I'm lucky, they make airplane sounds, too.

Just gotta love the customers who think because we work in retail we're there to be their personal mules.

So the implication from her was that because you weren't breaking your back before you must not have been working. What a troll.

I definitely feel for you OP!! I just hope that the rest of your day was more pleasant..

Schmavid64 13

I'm pretty sure you could have gotten one and your manager should have backed you up for OH&S reasons OP. If she complains you tell her those are the rules, doesn't matter what that bitch says.

Whoever said the customer is always right, never met a customer. 90% are idiots, assholes or both.

If they are an idiot, then they are clearly a Republican. Although idiot and Republican do mean the same thing so...

do you work at bunnings by any chance? (not that it matters)

tompou6 19

who's to say you had to carry it. you could have put it in a cart or you have the right to refuse if you feel it's unsafe.

ayyy_bro 26

some how 25kg is 100 hahah mate i lift this shit for a living

It's 55 lb. not terribly heavy, but not the lightest thing to carry.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

And besides, some people can't carry that much weight for medical reasons.

#49, the post wasn't "i had to carry 25kg and I have a medical condition". some people with medical condition yes, but this is as near as can tell an average person without that. and the average person should be able to carry 25kg, if not they need to sort out their life.

25kg is almost half my body weight. what if OP was a female and even shorter than me? Or if they had to carry it across an entire car park. it was 38 degrees just the other day!