By Bitchjackedmyball - 12/09/2012 08:52 - United States - Kihei

Today, I had just bought a new $60 basketball and decided to go try it out. Five minutes into playing, the ball decided to roll into the hands of a little girl, who then said, "Mine". I thought it was cute, until she skipped over to her parent's car and they drove off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 537
You deserved it 5 548

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

You just got mugged by a little girl. They grow up so fast!

Selfish little girl. Why didn't you run and take the ball away from her as soon as she grabbed it?

Comments

Who spends $60 on a basketball??? Only to have it ripped off by a rugrat

agonydrum 7

Who spends $60 on a basketball period, unless it's signed I can't imagine it would be much better than a reasonably priced one

And I thought spending $100 on a video game was crazy...

It is...unless it's a bundle of at least 3 popular games (give or take) with a 12-month xbox live gold membership.

gmaniac93 7

OP's location is Hawaii. Everything in Hawaii is easily 3x more expensive than the inner states.

xAttackAttackx 25

Actually, no everything in Hawaii is not that expensive. I got my basketball for like 20 dollars.

What kind of basketball is $60? I assume this is Michael Jordan's ball from Space Jam and it's gonna amplify your game by quite a bit?

LO388 7

The really nice indoor, leather balls are 50-60 bucks...which begs the question of why open was playing outside...

LO388 7

OP* I guess autocorrect isn't designed for fml.

GuessWhatKids 13

14 - People can spend their money on anything they love, nothing wrong with that. We live in a world of luxuries.

jazziness 12

I think she's referring to the seagulls constant cry of "MINE!!!" I may be wrong though.

Actually I think the connection is the story line. Some divers find a fish, decide its theirs, and take it home. Just spitballing though.

Or maybe... Just maybe it is when the girl claims Nemo as hers. Like when she walked up and said something like I want this one and then that's when he fish thought of the plan to escape

carnage1108 0

Maybe she's talking about a symbolic level. The ball represents Nemo while op is Marlin. Op cherished that ball like it was his son, sure it wasn't perfect, but it was his, and for that, he loved it. Now without warning his ball wandered too far and was taken, never to be seen again leaving him distraught.

Apparently, #83 has never seen Finding Nemo because none of that happened in the movie

Apologies, the fish did plan to escape but the rest did not happen.

You're wrong. Darla said she wanted Nemo, so he was put in a plastic bag with water, and then he played dead when she started shaking it.

You're right about the playing dead part but she never pointed to him in the tank and said she wanted him. The dentist already had planned on giving Nemo to Darla and he was in the bag when she got to the office. When the dentist turned around to grab Nemo and show him to Darla he was already playing dead

Octwo 16

Run over and ask the parents to return it. If they don't, give them a $60 dent in their car.

olpally 32

Love the username op! You just got trolled!! Lmao... That bitch just owned you. Damn!

Ydi for spending that much on a damn basketball, what's wrong with you.

Aww damn, we forgot he was supposed to stay inside all day and sit on his ass :/

I hope that $60 ball had a tracking chip in it. If not, then why would you pay so much for it...

That sucks, still must be nice for the parents to know they are helping their daughter get a job as a theif early on in life.

Why did you just let her walk away with the ball though?