By innocent72 - 19/11/2013 21:07 - United States - Canonsburg

Today, I had an interview scheduled for 10:05. When I got there, someone was talking to them, so I sat down to wait. Little did I know this wait would be 45 minutes. I got told to go home and that I'd be rescheduled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 812
You deserved it 3 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully you used those 45 minutes to reflect on your life and made some life-changing decisions. Like finding a job with better scheduling.

You have possessed a skill perfect for work. Patience.

Comments

Did you let anyone know you were there waiting? If not, FYL

don't you mean if so? if not would mean op didn't tell anyone and assumed someone would help them

No he actually had it right, you're incorrect. It's " if not "

Well if they didn't say anything, it may be a ydi. If they did and still had to wait before being told they'll be rescheduled, then it's a fyl. But if they waited 45 minutes before saying anything then it's a bit of both.

1 is saying that if they DIDNT let anyone know, FYL. It should be YDI

My apologies, it was late when I posted that (even later now I suppose). I meant 'if so'.

tehdarkness 21

There is no room for human error on the Fml site!

Sitting_Ducki 8

Seriously? They told op to wait. If they reminded them they were waiting unless it was for a doctor or something like that it could be seen as being impatient

Nowhere in the FML does it say they told him to wait. It just says that he waited. Which implies that he may not have said anything.

Hopefully you used those 45 minutes to reflect on your life and made some life-changing decisions. Like finding a job with better scheduling.

JMichael 25

Yea hopefully. You don't want to work at a job that's going to waste your precious time. Wait..all jobs do!

michaelaranda 28

in a bad economy, any job is a good job

Plot twist: The job interview was for an office admin/meeting scheduler.

Maybe it's for the best, this place sounds like a waste of time!

You have possessed a skill perfect for work. Patience.

Perfect for marriage too... my OP has some very promising traits

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

ya some employers even test interviewees to make sure they possess patience, even type A personalities. you have to be a well rounded person in the business world.

Are you going to be early to your next interview?

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

op wasn't early. he/she was on time but the interviewer made them wait because they were busy talking to someone else. pretty shitty of them in my opinion.

Exactly, she was on time and not early. Ever heard the phase 'if you're early you're on time and if you're on time you're late'? Or 'if you're not x minutes early, you're x minutes late'?

Well, this FML sounds more like a "darn my life." Unless you cancelled a lot of important things for that interview, I can't picture it being too life-changing.

Wizardo 33

Be on time next time around, punctuality is an asset.

Dallasluver19 14

So unfair sometimes. If you came 45 minutes late they wouldn't even let you have the interview. You come in time, wait 45 minutes and you have to reschedule.

AnOriginalName 19

Probably because the possible employer holds all the power in this situation. Like a job and money.

Im sorry, OP, but 45 kind of wasted minutes dont seem that bad. At least not for an FML. Just be glad you didnt find out your brother was your children's father or something;)