What's the time, please?

By ThreeHoursEarly - 24/01/2020 01:00

Today, I was told to be present for a meeting that started at 5pm. I arrived 15 minutes early, and I was late for the meeting. This happens regularly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 087
You deserved it 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EmDizzle2007 28
leximichelle 13

Sounds like someone is intentionally telling you the wrong meeting times in order to get you in trouble. I would confirm with a few different people in the future to see who’s messing with you.

Comments

If this happens regularly, you should know to adjust your schedule and show up earlier.

unless they start early so OP can show up late cuz they're dicks 🤷‍♀️

That’s what OP did. And they still ended up late.

EmDizzle2007 28
leximichelle 13

Sounds like someone is intentionally telling you the wrong meeting times in order to get you in trouble. I would confirm with a few different people in the future to see who’s messing with you.

How does this happen more than once? You need to get the meeting time in writing directly from the organizer of the meeting. The person who is misinforming you is trying to **** you.

It sounds like someone is ******* with you. If this has happened before you need to find out why.

Who’s telling you when the meeting are? If it the same person every time then there setting you up. If it a bunch of people telling you the wrong time, then maybe everyone doesn’t like you and are trying to get you fired. If you were emailed with the time that the meeting is then show this to your boss if the time was verbally told then you out of luck. Other wise I don’t know why people would treat you the way they are.

Get a digital meeting invite. If you still dont show up on time check your timekeeping device

How does this happen? Usually you get invited by the originator through email. Invitations to meetings don’t happen through third parties. The person having the meeting decides who is going to attend and invites them through email or by telephone so they can be sure everyone that needs to be there will be. If you’re being invited by a third-party your attendance is not that important to the person facilitating the meeting.