By Powerless - 30/08/2012 06:05 - Australia

Today, I had a planned 12-hour power cut for maintenance work, which I'd forgot all about. In need of a shower before work, I spent 45 minutes boiling pots of water on the stove to take a lukewarm, 6-inch deep bath, before realizing my water heater runs on natural gas and was working fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 054
You deserved it 29 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Always check first. Also, wouldn't it be more efficient to boil one or two pots of water and use a simple washcloth?

lovemesomeanth 2

Thank god for running water and water heaters, imagine having to boil your own bath water every single day.

Comments

Even if your water heater were electric, the vast majority of them have a large reservoir which would easily supply enough hot water for a shower. That said, you only wasted 45 minutes of your life and learned a valuable lesson. Any day that you learn something is not a wasted day.

Even if your water is off, don't you have friends that'll let you use their shower? That's what I did when my water got cut off.

First world problems. At least you have water to take a bath:) but FYL OP.

Even if your water heater is Natural Gas most of them are lit by electrical sparks. I take it you can light yours yourself?

wubbazugg 5

I'd be more worried about the freezer contents 0.o

In 45 mins you couldn't realise gas was heating your water the whole time???

Omer_Kalopiuzur_fml 1

It is well known that the shower as supreme value of the bourgeois class, is entered in the customs very late: until the 50s, it was the bath, if possible more, which was prized by the Lords. Shagged his lady while washing the bullet hole was considered the highest honor.

the opposite happened to me. . . I tried to take a shower when my power was off thinking my heater was gas like my stove and house heater are ... I was shocked to find it wasn't

lifesawaverideit 3

Your full of crap no power means no water . The pump runs on power witch brings the water to the facet .

Liana23music 0

Wow your retarded. And it doesn't hurt to check.

LappDance 16

At least use proper grammar if you're going go call someone else an idiot...

don't call someone/something retarded that is not right and can be very offensive.