By Powerless - 30/08/2012 06:05 - Australia

Today, I had a planned 12-hour power cut for maintenance work, which I'd forgot all about. In need of a shower before work, I spent 45 minutes boiling pots of water on the stove to take a lukewarm, 6-inch deep bath, before realizing my water heater runs on natural gas and was working fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 054
You deserved it 29 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Always check first. Also, wouldn't it be more efficient to boil one or two pots of water and use a simple washcloth?

lovemesomeanth 2

Thank god for running water and water heaters, imagine having to boil your own bath water every single day.

Comments

Why morning coffee is such a help. Clears the fuzzy brain before the body follows it.

zuzupetalsYO 11

Wow 45 min out of your WHOLE life wasted. FYL. Not.

dougierocks 13

In 12 hours there should have been enough hot water for a bath... Even if it was electric, The water doesn't instantly turn cold when they cut the power..

You are honest enough to admit it. Who hasn't made a mistake before?

You didnt realize you had a gas heater as you were using a gas stove?

ScreamingFits 0

So, you were able to boil water on your gas stove, but you weren't able to remember you had a gas water heater? At least I'm assuming it was a gas stove since you need electricity to run an electric stove. YDI.

oldstyl66 7

Dude you still have to plug in a gas water heater. I hope you didn't boil water on an electric stove.

I can understand that you may have forgotten that your hot water runs on gas. What I can't understand is why didn't you just grit your teeth and take a three minute cold Navy shower. Really it's one minute to get wet, turn off the water sud up and another two minutes to rinse.

hmmm was is cause of hurricane Isaac lol I was effected too don't worry I just took a cold shower

jtjtjt 1

I assumed when I opened this, it was going to be a woman's entry...you win this round OP...you win this round...