By Anonymous - 15/05/2009 11:00 - United States

Today, I had a job interview at a local business with the owner who was man, and the manager who was a woman. I thought I did pretty well because I heard the manager whisper so, as I was walking out. Then I heard the owner whisper "no fat chicks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 553
You deserved it 6 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People can be so disrespectful. :/ As though your weight has any bearing on how well you can do the job. It sounds like the owner was just being a jackass, so you're probably better off not working there at all. And btw, we have no idea what the OP looks like. The comments about she needs to lose weight are just stupid.

tick_tock 0

What a dick. You didn't deserve that.

Comments

LMAO. the shop owner is fukin' win! Srsly, get over it and apply for another job.

mj2123 0

#8 - Um, being fat doesn't automatically make someone unattractive. And plenty of bigger women work as waitresses. So do plenty of ugly women, though... And the OP can only sue if she can prove she didn't get the job because of her weight. I doubt she can do that. Regardless, the owner sounds like an asshole, and she's probably better off not working for him.

grazynaanka 0

Discrimination. Isn't it??? Anyways, if that's how he feels that's probably someone you do not want to work for. And some of you people are so rude on here. Karma's a bitch. I'll laugh when you all get fat.

Trix_Disorder 20

#30 I agree with what you're saying, but I find it slightly ironic that you're discriminating against his age-group. :)

Well that does totally suck and i kinda feel bad, but as some people stated it depends on the job your applying for unfortunately if it was just a regular job like perhaps mcdonalds, best buy, office job, somewhere along those lines, then that may be grounds for suing, however if it was for some upscale restaurant, hooters as was mentioned before, or something along those lines, you may have got your hopes up too high, unless your actually only a few pounds overweight at the most and the owner is just shallow as hell

30, Actually, that's wrong. Employers are also biased to hiring women, so that is a hindrance. I'm overweight as well, except I don't bitch about it on FMyLife. And the only reason I don't have a job is because I'm fifteen. (Most summer jobs claim they'll hire someone under 16, but that hardly ever works out, since they don't want to give them a break every four hours.) In fact, I believe it'd be a bit racist on your part to claim my life is easy because I'm white. :] I believe I know enough about affirmative action to have an opinion on it. It says that the boss must employ at least one person of color, and one person of a different gender, right? At least, that's how I've always saw it. That means that even if you're a white male who has all the needed qualifications and more, you may not get the job because a less qualified minority applied as well. When it comes down to a less qualified person getting hired, that itself is biased and is turning the whole system backwards. I'm sure it does good, but it does more bad than good, in my opinion.

kapowi 0

#9 and #10 Companies are allowed to discriminate, face it. If hiring this fat chick would cause them undue hardship (see waitress; loss of business & factory worker; health issues) then they are completely allowed to not hire someone. Also, since the chick's fat, they might have future health issues, which can also turn out to be undue hardship due to strain on the health plan. YDI for being fat rofl

U should sue them! It's illegal for them not to hire you for something like that.

The person right above me may be correct.