By Anonymous - 06/10/2012 18:27 - Philippines - Sucat

Today, I had a big argument with my girlfriend, after she tried to stop me going home, even though it was already past my curfew. I got home, only to find out I'm grounded for staying out late, and dumped for being "inconsiderate". FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 020
You deserved it 3 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kappycone 8

Sounds like she's the one being inconsiderate.

Balls are weak and sensitive. Grow a ******, those things take a pounding.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're pretty sad for not knowing how to use the proper your/you're.

I don't understand how people use the same one in both ways and have no idea it's wrong.

beccaishereyay 11

I didn't know growing balls meant disrespecting your parents...

Balls are weak and sensitive. Grow a ******, those things take a pounding.

kikimonole 13

You're the sad one. OP's now ex girlfriend should respect his parents' rules. Curfews are there for a reason.

Autoshot 9

What's sad is OP was in a situation where he would have inevitably pissed one party off, but kept the other happy. Then, managed to take the route that pissed both off.

chell1894 13

Well it depends. My (crazy)ex boyfriends Mom gave him a 7:30 curfew some nights and freaked out if he was ever over later. He was over 21...

The pressure of being first got to him.

I agree with the ball growing, but you should've told your girl "I'm leaving, and that's the end of it!" if she dumps you, you're better off without a selfish chick. Your girl has to respect your parents' rules as much as you do.

Don't disrespect your parents, thats just how you lose their trust. He should've just called them before he hit his curfew and explained the situation, whatever it may have been. I'm sure they would've understood.

56-That called being a good parent and giving the 21 year old a reason to finally move out

chell1894 13

90, it's not uncommon to still "live" at home on breaks while in college I don't think. It's called making your kids resent you and pushing them away.

91, it is a parent's job to keep their kids in line. The REAL problem with today's society is that too many people want their kids to like them and try to be their best friend instead of their parent. Obviously, you can overdo it but in general setting limits for your kids is not a bad thing.

Am I the onlyone thinking maybe he meant: "Your bad..." Instead of "You're sad"...???

Dude not everyones life is as free willed as yours

kappycone 8

Sounds like she's the one being inconsiderate.

hopsinlove17 26

She sounds pretty clingy and childish. Be glad you got out of that one(:

What's up with all the clingy chicks lately? Have they all decided to come out of hiding?

49, clingy chicks AND clingy guys have been around for years.

Yeah, but people today don't recognize consideration, they just expect everyone else to be considerate, and from what I hear and see, people just throw that word around all the time without knowing what it means to make their arguments seem more valid.

49- They seemed to have picked the lock to their cell again.. hmm... Wait, did I just say that out loud?

If she can't respect your curfew then it's likely you dodged a bullet OP

fantastamazing 10

I tired to say that, but you nailed it

DeadxManxWalking 27

If you have a girlfriend you shouldn't really have a curfew.

amandajlucas2015 2

That makes absolutely no sense. Oh my kid has a girlfriend, even tho he's only 16 that means he doesn't need a curfew. Try thinking before you speak next time.

beccaishereyay 11

So you're not allowed to have a girlfriend while living in your parents house? I'm 20, living at home without paying rent, working, and going to school. I still have a curfew because as long as I live in someone else's house for free, I have to respect their rules. This means I'm not qualified to have a boyfriend?

hopsinlove17 26

Nahh, you sound pretty qualified. Respect is an important quality in an individual. Especially if you want it in return.

If he got grounded then he's obviously young, parents have curfews, if your not a parent then you wouldn't understand.

Same for me I'm 18 working and getting ready to go to college and I still have one. It's for my own good so they know I'm safe.

9- You have a 16 year old and you are only 20?....

#36, you said you're 19 but your profile says you're 22? Now i'm confused:(

HanaFML 10

That's impossible since she would've had her 16 year old when she was 4.

redmane 21

50- Yes, she had a baby when she was four years old. It was a hypothetical situation. Edit: Damn. 57 beat me to it.

beccaishereyay 11

55- she said she was the same as 19. As in comment number 19. As in me :) she was saying she's in the same situation I am, as I said in my previous comment.

60: Where do you guys all live that your parents don't want you out past dark? My parents haven't cared what time I came home since I was 15 years old, as long as I told them where I was going and didn't get into any trouble. What's wrong with just trusting your kids?

ffgghytt 3

62) dude, you have a team of superheroes watching your back. I think you'll be fine after dark.

Dude there's driver's curfew. 16 to 18 year olds can't drive past 11:00 in my state.

devore504 7

really who has a curfew aftee the age of 17 lmao. i live at home but my mom wouldnt give me a curfew. Didnt really have one as a teen. i feel sorry for ya'll

Assuming you are a minor, you still have plenty of time to find a decent girl.

Yeah no sense rushing into something when your that young

Well it sounds like you were dating a bitch, so congrats on dodging the good ol' bullet!

He had a curfew, he did the RIGHT thing. His girlfriend on the other hand was the one being inconsiderate and selfish. Grow some balls!? Try growing a brain before you tell someone how stupid they were.

He was already late. Might as well stay later with same consequence with his parents. And would still have a girlfriend.

#67- Nope...the later I would be the more pissed my dad would've gotten. Therefore the punishment, worse.

Next time set all the clocks back so that your parents think its early and you can stay out longer

redmane 21

Cell phones, television news stations, computers. All of these things have the time. It's a slim chance that setting the clocks back would fool them.

Plus if they ever figured out that you changed the clocks you would be in worse shape than before

I think being grounded is way worse than being dumped by this idiot. She sounds like a dumbfuck. Good riddance, OP. (:

Well that's messed up of her ..forget her Op