By Wally - 08/05/2009 15:20 - Canada

Today, I got to sleep in late for the first time in 3 years, as wife took our two young daughters out of town to visit with her parents. I told my mother that I was really looking forward to being able to sleep in this morning. The phone rang at 7:30. It was my mother asking me how I slept. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 340
You deserved it 5 746

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, screw that bitch. I'd call her ass up at 5:00 Am or something and ask how she slept

TheZephyrSon 3

Wow...Your mother has a nasty sense of humor...

Comments

Well, f your life for one phone call. Get over it and go back to sleep. On the nicer side, wtf calls at 7 am thinking that the receiver is awake? Calling her at 5am sounds like a good idea.

shiznutmuffin 0

you know some people can't easily fall back asleep in the morning like me so yeah I know how it feels

Ha ha, glad to see that my idea was well liked. #4: Seriously? 7:30 AM, not at night. omfg...

bonafidehustler 0

I love this one because I could totally see my mom doing the same thing.

slutsstud 0

hahaha.. thats awesome!.. Call her at 3am this saturday night on ur way home after party & tell her very happy mother's day!

That's just terrible. Gee #8, I'm guessing so maybe she DIDN'T disturb him early? She's so mean for doing that.

poolshark 0

Let's all remember that a senior citizen's 7:30am is a college student's noon.

She probably grew up in a different time waking up at 5 am probably every day. Might not understand the difference of what our generation considers sleeping in.

oh_dee 0

Well, I know that if I hadn't slept in in three years NOTHING would wake me up...why pick up the phone when you can just let it go to voicemail? And like everyone else is saying, why not just turn off all ringers before going to sleep? Why not use earplugs? There are SO many things you could've done to ensure a good night's sleep, so you definitely deserve this one. PS - most of my family members who are older than 55 wake up at ungodly hours in the morning and think that everyone else should too...

OP has two kids and a wife who aren't at home. I would keep my phone on loud too, just in case anything happened. You know, sometimes, when you have responsibilities (like children), people do their best to be accessible even at 7:30am.