By spekledworf - 02/05/2011 21:30 - United States

Today, I got pulled over. Suspicious that I'd been drinking, the police officer made me walk a straight line and recite the alphabet. I failed both. I was completely sober. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 289
You deserved it 26 517

spekledworf tells us more.

spekledworf 18

i had a panic attack and started to stutter out of nervousness, and just said **** it and gave up

Comments

armorf0r 7

I'd hate to see what you're like drunk then

Oh come on... I've seen your so called test in the movies but never really believed they really do it liike this. I was never even bothered to learn the alphabet backwards and would have to stop and think every 2 letters... and also the rest lacks the most important thing - MEASUREABILITY. The first thing I would ask would be "so how much lacohol do I have in my blood"? In Poland they have portable testers which check your breathe (you blow into it for 10 sec). Even if that one shows you exceded the alcohol limit, you can still disagree with it (there are situations where the tester shows a bad result - e.g. after eating an alcohol filled chocolate). If the result is positive (and you disagree), they take you to the police station and do do blood work. And after that you may be considered drunk (unless you agreed with the breathe tester result).

spekledworf 18

i had a panic attack and started to stutter out of nervousness, and just said **** it and gave up

redheadedmonster 24

Haven't been pulled over and asked to those tests but I've had panic attacks and I probably would've said **** it too. Also walking in a at straight line is ******* hard! I don't believe anyone can walk a perfectly straight line under pressure let alone normally.

gabeparis 4
Garytt 0

just say 'whats the alphabat?' works for me :)

memily63 12

must have been really tired. I've definitely been so exhausted before while driving that I would not have been able to pass those either. And anyone who's calling the op a "dumbass" is probably too young to understand that being tired while driving can cause that.

what don't they have breathersizers in the US? so they decide if ur drunk by how straight u walk? what a joke..

They do have breathalyzers but it is not uncommon for the field breathalyzer to be completely wrong and the results of them are not admissible in court. They do the alphabet and walking tests to help avoid dragging an innocent person to the police station. Think of how much of a pain it would be to have the field test say a person blew .09, have their car impounded and drag the person to the police station, have them use the huge breath test machine so that you have a result that is admissible in court, only to find out that they aren't even close to the legal limit and it was simply a false test. Plus the breathalyzer ONLY tests for alcohol, where as the alphabet and walking tests will let the police know if the person is possibly driving under the influence of some other drug.

samicna 4

then you should have recited a straight line and walked the alphabet

Do they not do roadside breath-testing in the US? o.O

how come they let people with downs drive in the USA?