By anon - 27/04/2016 00:11 - United States - Arverne

Today, I got pulled over by the cops for swerving a lot while driving. I tried to explain that my dog bit the back of my neck, but as soon as I opened my door to show him the bite marks and the dog, it ran out of the car. I still can't find him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 391
You deserved it 2 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess the expletive you could use here would be "dog gone"?

Comments

Good riddance, since the dog didn't know it's place in the pack. That wasn't a play bite, but a kill bite. Just look at where carnivores bite when hunting. I realize it's a dog, but maybe after being out in the streets and maybe having another dog show it's not the king, if you do reunite, it'll be too happy and grateful to do it again. Maybe try biting it back harder? Speak it's language. If my cat misbehaves, of course i try a firm "no!" but if it doesn't work, I hiss and swat at her. (not making contact PETA fanboys) and that ALWAYS sends a clear message to stop and back off. Otherwise she just rolls around playful and purring at a human scolding. Same day she comes up for affection and kneading so it's in no way making the pet scared. We may be smart enough to get an idea of animal language and behavior, but they aren't always able to.

This is literally the most ignorant comment I've ever read on here.

demonpuppeh 10

Kill bites are not on the back of the neck, nimrod. If it were trying to kill OP it would have and it DEFINITELY would've gone for the jugular. You are a complete idiot.

sempisaviour 17

23, no it isn't ignorant. It's correct.

While I agree the dog clearly has behavior issues and needs some discipline, "good riddance," "it was a kill bite," and "bite it back," seems a little over the top. Losing a dog is never a good thing, it might have problems, but it's still sad. The dog also probably doesn't know how to live outside, it could run into major trouble, which is not "good riddance." A kill bite would have been harsher, hard enough to do some major damage, it also wouldn't have been just 1 bite if it was going for a kill. I doubt this was a kill bite because from the wording of the FML, it didn't sound too serious. Humans and our animals communicate differently with each other than they do with their own species. You don't need to bite a dog back, you can show you're boss in different ways. A dog probably wouldn't even know that you were biting it because it doesn't understand our anatomy. Harsh tones of voice, strict routine and signals, sound correction, spray bottles, swats on the nose, and of course praise for good behavior, all let a dog know what behavior is appropriate and what is not.

#24 Try watching an animal show for once in your life. You don't watch them for over a decade and not know what you're talking sbout. Sometimes yes, the jugular, but the back of the neck too where the spine is, "idiot." I'm not taking someone with a username of a 5 year old seriously. "puppeh." really. Look at apex predators. Sometimes it only takes one bite.

Looks like you can't edit on this new version of the site on mobile, fan fu**ing tastic. Oh well. To add, I also study biology, unlike armchair warriors.

turdwrangler 18

Did you end up getting a ticket?

why didn't you grab the leash first then open the door

burgermike92 17

Lol the dog ran away cause he knew he was in deep trouble.

species4872 19

ahh fml's just one stupid person after another

So now you're injured, risked getting your dog shot by a cop if he was afraid of getting bitten, and risking someone or their kids getting bitten because you've let a dog ride unrestrained and let a dog who bites run loose. F your dog's life.

One question though: why would you need to open the door to show them the bite? Why not use the window?

I don't blame OP as much for thoughtlessly opening the door because he was rattled by the bite and then likely further rattled by being pulled over by the cop however while I can sympathize the OP story shows he repeatedly acted in a thoughtless and irresponsible manner. Even if he was unaware that there are car leashes for dogs there is no excuse for not having a standard leash to attach to the dogs collar. Once bitten OP should have pulled over to calm down, compose himself and then deal with the dog properly before resuming his trip. If an unrestrained and overly excited dog plus the dog bite impaired your ability to drive then you should stop driving. Spill coffee on your lap, stung by a bee . . . If your ability to drive safely and responsibility is impaired you pull the car over and stop driving until you regain your composure and ability to focus. I'm sorry you released your dog and essentially abandoned it. You at least have a place to sleep tonight and food to eat. Your poor dog is confused, hungry and probably scared. I hope you have at least put thought into finding him. Place posters in the area he wast lost. Place notices online.