By Anonymous - 08/10/2013 21:16 - United States - West Chicago

Today, I got my daughter's school pictures. Instead of smiling, she did the duck face. She's 6. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 331
You deserved it 8 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids these days. I recommend picture retake day. Unless you want something to laugh at in the future.

Be careful. It's only a matter of time before she gets a yolo tattoo on her lower back. It's a slippery slope from here.

Comments

How does your comment even make sense? How does OP deserve this?

beautifulsoul89 11

Don't ever tell someone they failed as a parent because their child is copying a duck face that they see on TV, from older sisters, or anywhere...yes its a little annoying but don't be that extreme. This is only a moment a parent takes in slowly and laughs because there's no need to get mad, kids are innocent. Say you sorry for being rude now!!!

RedX1000FML 11

#41, what if the parent in question (Not on the FML) is a drunk, drug abuser, neglecting, teenage mother? I've read stories where the parent beats their child, so I think there is, indeed, a line where someone has failed as a parent.

@54 Please use at least a small bit of intelligence when replying on FML. #41 very obviously stated "because their child is copying a duck face," which, last I checked, can't be translated to #41 condoning drunk drug abusing neglectful teenage child-beaters. Idiot.

RedX1000FML 11

#102 I was only replying back to the first half of the first sentence...

CharresBarkrey 15

It'll be perfect blackmail material for when she's older and boyfriends come over!

Honestly, she's six, no idea what you're worrying about. People have always done duck faces since forever but it's turned into more of a trend now I guess.

TheDrifter 23

Since forever? Perhaps you need some perspective. In the 80s and 90s we made fish faces if we wanted to make a silly face. The duck face is fairly new, it started around the same time as MySpace, if you remember what that was.

There were pictures of people during the 60s making that face, and it was just meant to be more of a kissing face I guess.

1dvs_bstd 41

The other day, it was a kid demanding a push up bra. Today, it's a duck facing kid. Tomorrow what will it be? A 5 yo telling his/her parents "stop treating me like a kid, i'm five remember?"????

RedX1000FML 11

These kids are growing up too quickly...Talk about losing childhood, they don't have one to lose.

I've read the news story of the kindergartener bringing crack cocaine in for show and tell. We're already down the rabbit hole.

Just1SarahKay 11

Nooo OKAY too much media influence! Read a book to her nightly & turn off the electronics! smh

1dvs_bstd 41

*Insert family guy ostrich laugh here*

That's a good waist of money for you, hopefully they have retakes

Keep the proofs to show to her boyfriend when she's in high school.