By ididntevendrinkthatnight - 07/06/2013 05:14 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I got mugged on the way to my 21st birthday party at a bar. I begged the thug to at least throw me my ID, only to have him laugh and run away singing, "Happy Birthday." FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 906
You deserved it 3 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry OP, his luck will run out sooner or later. For all you know he might just be the guy who accidentally gets hit by a car a few blocks away, "accidentally".

Comments

Well on the bright side, if you can even call it that, he prevented you from a massive hangover the next day, possibly blacking out, and throwing up profusely. Oh wait, and you still got a "Happy Bday" sung to you! That's all I got. Sorry OP.

Angelrose2004 17

I would rather all of that happen to me than have to worry about my identity being stolen and having to replace everything.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down pass it around, put it back on the wall cuz you ain't drinking tonight!

That really sucks man. Now that you are 21 you should get a pistol and permit. Mine stays right above my wallet. What a surprise he would of had.

If you're not man enough to kick his ass, I don't think you should be getting drinks at a bar... Man up

Grab a drink with your friends at home or something...

Happy Birthday, and all my wishes that the bastard gets picked up for looking suspicious And that part of your birthday celebration is a police line-up at your local station And in hoping all your dreams come true they make him sing "Happy Birthday To You."

That sucks buddy, I'm guessing you're in the states and that would have been your first legal bar going. You have a long life of partying you'll look back on it and laugh, even though that really is lame what happened

He needed the ID too. His real one got turned down while all his friends with fake ID's got let in!

The mugger knew it was your birthday. It must be one of your friends who prank you. No one should know your birthday like that quick while mugging you.

OP probably told the mugger that it was his 21st birthday while pleading for his ID.

vencku 13

With IDs, I always feel the theft to be so pointless. It's got my name and picture on it. Who else can use? Same with credit cards. If you steal them, I dial card stop. Steal my phone, I'll block it. So you have nothing to gain. Why bother stealing them? At least I can understand taking cash.

vencku 13

*Who else can use it? Obviously. Before some twat feels the need to correct what is obviously just me accidentally missing a word on my tiny phone screen and keyboard.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, with credit cards, you can use them at places before the owner has a chance to call it in as stolen. Also, many places dont even check. With IDs, it's relatively easy to remove the laminate, slip in a new picture, and relaminate it, or so I've been told.

no pin code for the credit card in the usa ? btw the drinking age start at 13 in my country ( but you have to be supervised by someone who is 18 or more)

With ID's it's very easy to hack the ID itself or for a more difficult task, use the combined contents of your wallet to steal your identity and run your credit score into the ground. If it were only about selling it as a fake photo ID to someone I wouldn't be so worried. As for credit cards, there are many places that don't require a pin or signature for under fifty bucks. At least that is my experience in Canada. I dunno so much about the US.