By Anonymous - 19/02/2013 18:47 - United States - Indiana

Today, I got locked out of my car for an hour in frigid weather at a busy gas station. Every time I tried to use the key, the alarm went off and the locks wouldn't work. The car company claims they've never heard of this happening. I just bought it last week after taking out a 5 year loan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 887
You deserved it 2 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

laya_fml 26

I'm thinking you should say what type of car you got, so we all know what car not to buy.

*Walks back to car and sees steel I-beam crushing their car* "Dammit! Someone steeled my car again!"

Comments

OP got into the car, so OP can drive it....

I don't usually take this approach, but you may want to take some sort of legal action. Though I would recommend trying to get the car company to fix the problem first.

mangoboy1 19

Time for that company to issue a recall soon

kittycat1597 10

Just ask them to disable the alarm.

Well return it! You should have a 30 day warranty. Get something better

^Unless it has a killswitch were it doesn't let you turn on the car with the alarm on

Go hunt down the CEO of that car company and PUNCH HIM IN DA FAAAAAAAACE!!!!!! That's what I would do, anyway.

Exactly! That's why o came up with the brilliant and carefully considered plan!

With english skills like yours that might be the only option to get a point across. Completely different from the rest of the world. Any normal person would try conflict resolution and negotiating before "hunting down the CEO and PUNCHING HIM IN DA FAAAAACE!"

I actually have a superb grasp of the English language. I was simply feeling silly. Good lord, it's amazing how many people are too simple minded to understand that this is a humor site, and that most of the comments are therefore made in jest.

@75 Finally somebody understands me.... It seems like every time I make a joke that you have to think longer than 5 seconds to understand, I get buried. Wondering why....

Car companies lie. Do some online research and then take your case to the dealer with what you've learned. If they fail to act contact the company itself and the Better Business Bureau. I'd also get a lawyer.

Or he could simply PUNCH DEM IN DA FAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!

dyehardxen 19

"And the locks wouldn't work." Hard to drive in a car when the locks won't work.

TheDrifter 23

My car does this if the alarm is on and you don't have the key fob in you. Activate and disable the alarm, then unlock with the remote and it should stop.