By Mike - 17/12/2009 16:38 - United States

Today, I got in an elevator at a hotel. Just as the door was closing, somebody banged into the door and stuck their hand through. I yelled, "What, are you retarded?!" The doors then opened to reveal a mentally handicapped boy with his parents standing behind him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 111
You deserved it 54 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jgrl180 0

that's pretty much rude whether or not the person's retarded.

Comments

It's so frustrating when people get worked up over the word retard/retarded, it lacks logic. The reason people use it as a derogatory term is because a retard is someone who is in some way lacks mental capacity and is therefore less intelligent, or in other words stupid. By calling someone a retard you imply they lack mental capacity, but more so than by simply calling them stupid. Think of it as "idiot +" when used as an insult. Most people aren't extremely offended when the word idiot is used as an insult, even though at one point it was the correct way to describe a retarded person (a mentally disabled person for the weak stomach). Honestly, no matter if you say retarded or mentally handicapped, it still can be used as an insult because you are still describing a person who is less intelligent (sorry for the long post)

so if I call you "retarded inbred bastard" instead of idiot++ you're cool with it?

Yes, I have had people call me that and it doesn't bother me. My point was that retarded has become just another word to call someone stupid, abet a stronger one. Not saying it's fine to blatantly insult someone like that, or that retarded are evil. P.S: Good guess on me being a bastard!

tangerine_12 0

What, did the parents like push the kid into the elevator? Or if he was in a wheelchair they ran and rolled him into it so his hand was between the doors? I could see that happening and it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, now would it?

EveryDayJackAss 0

well.....technically, the OP IS correct, though that would've been an extremely awkward situation in anyone's case.

tommy666 0

YDI for being a ******* ******** that picks on other people for things they have no control of. I hope you have a kid that comes out a tard. **** YOU.

you cant blame the op. they didn't know it was really a mentally ill kid.

Nice guess. Awkward elevator ride though... FYL

complicatedbette 0

i sAY RETARDID 2 MY BROTHERS ALL the TIME NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE! its not your fault mistakes happen trust me i know...

AtrumMessor 1

DUDE. You're such a douchebag... go slit your wrists.

leclubdefrancais 0

Retarded =/= stupid Just like Gay =/= stupid I wish people would stop saying things like that.