By APRRECIATION - 24/05/2009 06:46 - Canada

Today, I got back from a service trip to Kenya, where I had no running water or electricity. I encouraged my friends to go green and help raise awareness by conserving as much electricity as possible. I return home to find that all my lights have been on for 2 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 456
You deserved it 64 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

noshitsherlock 0

WTF you deserve it. Why didn't you check before you left?

ydi definitely. i'm sick of all this "go green" jawn, you guys are all hypocrites.

Comments

GloomySkyz 0

I hate it when things like that happen. They happen all the time. Don't listen to these jerks who tell you that going green is wrong. I never understood why so many people are against it. At least you're the one trying to make a difference. Good for you. Just check the lights next time. ;]

Don't worry about it. President Obama criticized people for wasting energy heating and driving SUVs even though he used to have an SUV before he was president and turned the white house into a freaking sauna. If the ******* president can't be bothered to be a good example, chances are there's little you can do about it.

That's actually better believe it or not. You waste more energy turning lights on and off than just leaving them on all the time. Don't feel so bad for yourself, you did MORE than you thought!

Quit your whining you tree hugging sap

well actually you use more power when you turn on something and then goes low but you still deserved it

who leaves the house with the lights on? Better yet... who leaves the COUNTRY and leaves the lights on? Heck, the only lights on in my apartment are the ones I'm actively using. Yes, I have an amazingly low gas/electric bill.

powellj 0

To all of you "Green" people here on FML, You are all just a bunch of hypocritical, self-righteous, make yourself feel good f**ks. If you are truly green (which is just a "political fad"), you would not be sitting on your mac (Apple is one of the worst companies for the environment), drinking Caribou coffee and reading FML's all day wasting "resources". So take your environmentally friendly bullshit to Caribou, or your favorite green hangout and leave it there.