By APRRECIATION - 24/05/2009 06:46 - Canada

Today, I got back from a service trip to Kenya, where I had no running water or electricity. I encouraged my friends to go green and help raise awareness by conserving as much electricity as possible. I return home to find that all my lights have been on for 2 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 456
You deserved it 64 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

noshitsherlock 0

WTF you deserve it. Why didn't you check before you left?

ydi definitely. i'm sick of all this "go green" jawn, you guys are all hypocrites.

Comments

#23--what the **** are 12 yr olds doing on this site?! go play outside you fattass

GabriLee 0

GO GREEN. I want to go on a service trip someday. Though I have to admit, how do you leave all your lights on? If you left during the day, why were all your lights on, and if you left at night, you're not the brightest crayon in the box, are you? And #23... Twelve year olds should not be on this site. Come back in a few years.

palmtrees 1

#55... you also said "YDI for lying." As though it could not be possible that the OP could have been in one of the most remote villages. Unless he/she specified where in Kenya this trip went to, I just don't see how you can think you can make that call. Not saying everywhere in Kenya lacks electricity/running water, but that doesn't mean that SOME places do.

lmmmr 0

#55- Your original comment was also against the rules of the site. You are not allowed to question the validity of the FML as it ruins the experience for the other readers. So next time please keep your expertise to yourself and let the rest of us enjoy the story. Particularly when your expertise has little impact on the content of the FML in the first place.

So, which had a larger carbon footprint your self righteous trip to Kenya or leaving the lights on? Global warming is a myth, YDI. The problems we're facing are so enormous that doing things like raising awareness about the environment by telling your friends to turn the lights off are the equivalent of throwing rocks at a nuclear missile. Stop listening to Al Gore and TV commercials and do something to actually help solve the problem.

Kept the burglars out, though. Okay, so I turned off a light in my closet. Is anyone else's awareness raised? NOT UNLESS I ACT LIKE A PRICK AND TELL EVERYONE

lmmmr 0

#63- WTF? Who said her trip to Kenya was for environmental service? She could have been doing anything, teaching, providing medical care, distributing aid, etc. Who the hell are you to judge? Or any of you for that matter? The OP is dedicating his/her time to making the world a better place. What are you dedicating yours to?

#21 she was talking about energy conservation, not pollution. there is a difference.

peacelovepeaches 0

#63. ur an idiot if you deny global warming. Ur just scared to admit something that could alter ur cushy lifestyle while u use up the worlds resources and take part in ur own self destruction. drinking cyanide would speed up the whole process and make sure earth has one less person killing it.