By Anonymous - 31/07/2012 16:13 - United States

Today, I got a root canal. It wouldn't have been that bad if the dentist hadn't performed it on the wrong tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 1 845

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He didn't notice it was on the wrong tooth? Don't they usually have an x-ray of your teeth? I hope you can get a refund.

Wrong tooth?! "Hm, should I take out this foul-smelling brownish-yellow one or this white, shiny one? Ernie, meenie, minie... Shiny one it is!"

Comments

At least a pelican didn't fly into the window and scare him so bad he ripped the tooth out!

unknown_user5566 26

See, THIS is why I'm terrified of the dentist. I always think about all the things that can go wrong, and now I have another to add to the list. *shudder* Hopefully you don't have to pay for either root canal since s/he ****** up. Be sure you ask for some good pain killers, too. Root canals hurt like hell.

No they don't. They are slightly uncomfortable and take a long time to complete, but they don't hurt much.

unknown_user5566 26

Everyone has a different pain tolerance. My root canal hurt.

BrittneyDea 5

Yeah, I would definately sue the Dentist. Now you'll have 2 fake teeth.

I feel your pain, OP. My dentist was supposed to remove a wisdom tooth which hadn't come through properly, and instead removed the molar furthest forward. You know, the one that's kind of needed for chewing. The only reason I'd gone to the dentist's in the first place was because of a completely different tooth (on the other side of my mouth) which was broken and painful, to have it repaired or replaced. Never happened. So now not only is my smile ruined forever, I can only chew using my incisors. Dentists these days, eh?

That's what malpractice insurance is for. To cover his ass if he ever makes a mistake like that. I would let him know and see if he will fix it and do the right tooth, no charge. If not, you get a nice settlement.