By Anonymous - 22/06/2009 18:12 - United States

Today, I got a call from my son's second grade teacher. He happens to write and throw with both hands, and wanted to share this during show and tell. Apparently, he didn't know the word for this is ambidextrous, because his teacher told me, "Your son just told the whole class that he's bisexual!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 990
You deserved it 5 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ha, I'm sure they have no idea what that means. But hey, there isn't really anything wrong with being bisexual.

Haha, I am too, but I told everyone I was an air conditioner instead of ambidextrous when I was young

Comments

Turnip_Girl 0

That's not an 'FML'; it's just adorable!

Second grade, so he's 6 or 7? He could just not know what it means. My little sister had a speech impediment and couldn't say certain words. For instance: beach was bitch and bench was bitch. She didn't realize it was a bad word, she just couldn't say the actual thing. Maybe that the deal with your son. He didn't know the actual word, so came up with whatever was closest.

Ninjasaurus18 9

Yeah, same here. My name is Bailey, but my brother has speech troubles and says Billy. And instread of the 'Th' sound, he just says the 'f' sound.

Ambidextrous sounds nothing like bisexual. But I do agree he did not know what it means. If he did he would not misuse it.

He didn't know the word ambidextrous but he knew the word bisexual?

He was probably told that it meant "going both ways" or "able to go both ways" That'd make sense, I guess...

kelseysue92 0

LOL!! that's hilarious! Now all the kids in his class know the word too. I'd love to see a world with 7 year olds telling everyone they're bisexual

yep. "my friend is bisexual he showed us at school..."

littlemisslee 0

seems like all the ones I moderated today have made it! but now your son will forever be known in school as the bisexual kid. good luk with that!

It's not that the kid couldn't pronounce "ambidextrous"- he didn't know the word for that. So he said bisexual instead. FYL for being 17 years old and not knowing how to pronounce ambidextrous. OP- at least you have a kid smart enough to know that "bi" means two...? Sucks for him though if his classmates remember this later on!

Haha, I am too, but I told everyone I was an air conditioner instead of ambidextrous when I was young

LMFAO, your son is the Bomb Digety, GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURL

ohreally123 0

aw he said bidextrial. That's pretty smart for a kid.

Let's hope none of the other 2nd graders know what bisexual means.