By Anonymous - 26/05/2019 17:15

Today, I got a call from my 14-year-old step-daughter while I was out. She'd left nail polish in her pocket when she'd tried to wash the clothes. I now have hot pink streaks on most of my work clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 735
You deserved it 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kick her acetone! If that doesn’t work, make like the streaks are your nod to #MeToo and breast cancer awareness.

Are you the same person who put their laundry through a wash with a Sharpie in amongst it? Because I'm torn between deciding if you're having a streak of bad luck (pun intended), or if you're just too dense to check the pockets before washing the clothes.

Comments

Kick her acetone! If that doesn’t work, make like the streaks are your nod to #MeToo and breast cancer awareness.

Are you the same person who put their laundry through a wash with a Sharpie in amongst it? Because I'm torn between deciding if you're having a streak of bad luck (pun intended), or if you're just too dense to check the pockets before washing the clothes.

I’ve never heard of a nail polish bottle unscrewing its cap in the wash and the glass is EXTREMELY shatter resistant. I thoroughly doubt this story happened.

zeffra13 31

I'd believe a kid didn't screw the cap back on all the way.

This has happened to me before with white nail polish and can confirm that it’s very possible. To this day I have clothes I couldn’t get rid of with white streaks all over them

simcityguy09 19

Capital punishment is acceptable

Kids make messes and ruin things. It's part of the whole 'kids' deal. Might I recommend establishing a 'turn pockets inside out from now on' policy? And possibly some lessons on how to Google 'wow, I ****** that up, how do I fix it?'. You'd be amazed how often cleaning problems can be solved with a good forum...