By SoGoodAtLife - 09/03/2016 19:30 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I gave my boss a ride home from work. I had my phone on hands-free mode, so all calls would come through on speaker. I got a call from the new job I was applying at, with my boss listening to each word. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 351
You deserved it 6 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he will give you a raise now he knows you're looking else where.

Soooo... I guess you can kiss that reference goodbye.

Comments

YDI. As has been stated previously, you could have just let it go to voicemail. Call back later when you're alone or at least sans boss and just say, "Sorry I didn't pick up earlier, I was driving." This also shows that you have common sense and wouldn't talk on the cell and drive. (They don't need to know you have hands free capabilities.) Believe it or not, not all that long ago, people did not have cellphones. People would have to *gasp* wait until you got home to make / receive a call. And if people didn't pick up, they left messages. I simply don't understand the need to have a cellphone glued to you at all times.

Why are you set to talk on the phone while driving anyway? YDI

YDI. You gave him a ride, and you answered the call. You deserved to be nervous and/or humiliated.

I dont understand why management get so angry when you start looking for a new job. Do they really expect you to stay at the same job for the rest of your life??

Unless is business related never answer your phone In front of your boss always give him your undivided attention.

randybryant799 20