By ilu.xo - 13/01/2010 06:11 - Canada

Today, I found out the guy I've been seeing for 3 months lives at home with his parents. He's 30. They live in a '50+ only' housing complex and he sneaks in the side door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 899
You deserved it 4 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MiniatureMayhem 0

Maybe he can't afford a house or apartment. Maybe he's unemployed. That's no reason to dump him, though it might be a hassle when you're trying to get it on..

Wow, perhaps he's gone through some serious trauma or issues lately?... Otherwises that's beyond pathetic

Comments

Hey times are hard honey, a lot of adults have to live with thier parents!

I'm 33 and live at home with my parents because I was laid off and I can't find a job in my career, with a degree and years of experience in engineering but I couldn't afford my house anymore. I feel lucky to have parents that will let me live here rent free while I get back on my feet. Give the guy a break and learn why he lives at home. Don't be so judgemental.

with the cost of living these days, it's not uncommon for a person who has separated from a long term relationship (which at 30 is likely) or have lost a job or any one of numerous other reasons, to end up back home with their family purely because it is almost impossible to afford to live alone. he probably doesn't feel any better about the situation either. But it's odd that it took you 3 months to find out, hell i found out where my guy lived before we even began seriously dating, and he lives with his dad for the very reasons i mentioned. I don't see a problem with it. In fact I enjoy having a cuppa or a few drink with both of them when i drop around. I know many who are also still living at home in their 20's for similar reasons. The cost of living for singles is just ridiclous, and most of those i know in either situation aren't thrilled about it and working to get on thier own feet again, and are actually very fortunate to have parents who care so much and so willing to help him. Look at what OP's mans parents are risking to help their son and keep him from being homeless.

This is not as easy as, "dump him, he's a loser". Is there a good reason he lives with them? Has he been a victim of the bad job market? Do his parents need his help to live a normal life? Is he an artist or musician or some other profession that has intermittent or limited work, and if so, does he really care about what he does? If any of these things are true, perhaps you can be the breadwinner in the relationship. Maybe he will be happy to stay home and cook and clean for you. If it seems that he only lives there because he doesn't care about doing anything else, you may want to reconsider the relationship.

if it's a big deal break up with him if not then don't it that easy

MF12 0

24788 there's nothing wrong with it the op is just saying that because it's a 50 place and she wants us to know how old he is

I think it's fine to live alone at that age ONLY if there's a legitimate financial reason: i.e. you're unemployed, in college etc. Maybe if you have some extenuating circumstance where your parents require your care. If you have a job and could technically afford to live on your own, then there's really no excuse for living at home and you are, in fact, a loser. Want to save money? Get a roommate or two instead of living with mommy and daddy.

Darrian 2

Sounds more like a **** his life, not yours.