By ilu.xo - 13/01/2010 06:11 - Canada

Today, I found out the guy I've been seeing for 3 months lives at home with his parents. He's 30. They live in a '50+ only' housing complex and he sneaks in the side door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 899
You deserved it 4 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MiniatureMayhem 0

Maybe he can't afford a house or apartment. Maybe he's unemployed. That's no reason to dump him, though it might be a hassle when you're trying to get it on..

Wow, perhaps he's gone through some serious trauma or issues lately?... Otherwises that's beyond pathetic

Comments

wow the waterboy really does exist. I bet ur gonna stay with him to haha

mshafty 0

Wow! you were going out with him for 3 months and this is the first time you saw where he lived? That should be a red flag right there. Go find someone with a good job and his own place. I'm pretty tired of all these people who say its perfectly normal to live with your parents forever! It's not, your a loser. At 30 you should be financially secure and have your own place. Unless your a liberal arts major, and in that case you will probably live with your parents forever!

Run away. RUN AWAY! Sorry, but for me to date someone, I need to know that they are financially stable and independent.. This is not because I need them to pay for me, but because if I'm on my own financially, I expect my partner to be, as well. Whereas, I don't mind someone having a roommate, trying to date someone living with their parents at that age is extremely uncomfortable. I mean, what do you say if you run into them on a midnight trip to the bathroom? Do you REALLY want to be snuck into the house? The fact that you didn't find out where he lived and he wasn't up front with you in the first place says WAY more about him then the fact that he still lives with his parents. I can understand being embarassed by it, but completely omitting that fact is a little shady. My ex let his parents live with him for a bit. At first, I TOOOTALLY thought he was lying and that he was a 37 year old man living with his parents. Turned out he really was letting them stay there while they were transitioning back to town. BUT, he did live with his sister, and as time went on, I learned that she would clean his room and bathroom for him all the time. Yeeeeeah, that's not ok. When you can't even take care of yourself, it's not going to work for me.

"I mean, what do you say if you run into them on a midnight trip to the bathroom?" How about, "Oh, hi, I'm your sons girlfriend". Are you 14? It's not that awkward. "I learned that she would clean his room and bathroom for him all the time. " I hope there's more to this that you left out. I offer to clean people's rooms and bathrooms for them all the time, whether I live there or not, because it's uncomfortable for ME to be around that. I lived in a 2br2ba with an ex a long time ago, we each had our own room and own bathroom, he snored thus our own bedrooms, and I'm a clean freak thus my own bathroom. Anyway sometimes I was SO disgusted by the shape of his bathroom that I would clean it for him. I cleaned my best friends little brother's bedroom because it was a complete mess, just to be nice. My boyfriend's best friend's wife cleaned his bathroom for him when he lived on his own before he met me, because she "felt sorry for any girls that would come over". I mean, it's your life and you can pick who to be in it on your own with whatever standards you want. there are a lot of people out there. But everyone is different. You might find someone perfect who is a serial killer. ;)

Alex: Yes, there was more. Mostly, the fact that he was a 37 year old man who's sister cleaned his room on a weekly basis. There was honestly no reason to be in his room as she had a suite to herself upstairs. Also, it was that he expected me to keep our place spotless (when he moved in with me) and he had no idea how to clean. He would shove things in drawers so that the place looked clean on the outside. Oh, also, he was the baby of the family and a freaking mama's boy. I wont date one of those again. On his 39th bday, he accidentally invited me to dinner and then she asked that it just be them because she wanted her "baby" all to herself. All I could think was, "Lady! Your baby is almost 40. Time to cut the umbilical cord!" He was so used to growing up having everyone do everything for him, that it was ridiculous. He didn't know how to work the remote (change to aux. He'd change my TV to Spanish all the time. How the hell can you not read and comprehend a TV menu?) OR when his toilet was running, he didn't know how to stop it. I got fed up, walked in, took the back off and fixed it. He was amazed. Sorry, but at almost 40, you should be a little more self-sufficient. Im 27, and I would STILL find it akward to run into my bf's parents in their house in the middle of the night. I was basically referring to the post-sex bathroom trip. Sorry, even at my age, my mother does not allow unmarried couples to sleep in the same room in her house. Same, actually, goes for my bf's parents. He's 31. It's just a show of respect for the person who's house it is.

Also, God forgive me for speaking ill of the dead. My ex's mother was a wonderful person and always loved me and treated me well!

It sounds like he more has issues with what a mans and womans work is than anything else... if he expects women to clean up after him and has no idea how to do it himself. :/ Wow @ the extent of his uselessness. I had no idea people like that existed! I've had sex in my BF's mothers house with his parents there (even his grandparents house, oops, I feel a little dirty. But they're so old fashioned that they don't even want us LIVING together until we're married. We keep that part a secret, too.)... you don't have to tell them you just had sex. ;x Though my "MIL" lets us sleep in the same bed. I suspect she knows exactly what we're doing... they're old hippies.

LOL , poor you. It would be one thing if he lived with his parents for a specific reason at 30, but to be that pathetic that you have to sneak in a 50+ living community at 30 years old is really sad ...

I am 31 and at home (not in a 50+ living community mind you) , but at home all the same. Cicero said "To each his own" so STFU all you haters.

whyfuss 0

I love that. Then if you come to live with him you two can sneak in every night together. Sooo romantic, like forever first dates.

Hey, it sounds like you are dating my loser POS brother-in-law. Do yourself a favor sweetheart, dump his ass. Really.