By StupidApple - 25/05/2011 00:02

Today, I found out that whenever I send my son to his room, he goes on his iPod and buys the most expensive apps he can find. So far I've been charged $600. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 857
You deserved it 53 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well take his ipod and don't give him any money till the 600$ are paid off. Can parents not raise their children anymore, that's just sad.

cdawg145236 1

your lucky he hasn't found the $999.99 apps yet

Comments

"Feel lucky", what are you people talking about!! It's a kid, take the freaking thing and de-activate the app-store, change the password, or just take it away; how hard could that be. If you can't handle that much then you definitely deserve to pay up.

YDI for connecting your credit card to his account if he's that not trustworthy.

why'd you link ur iTunes account to his iPod anyway? have him create his own and give him something called an "iTunes giftcard". well it's too late now. I'd have him working off that $600 one way or another.

Sparkiee93 3

Take sons iPod away. Make the little shit pay for the apps he bought. While he scrabbles for the money enjoy the expensive apps yourself.

Teblor_fml 0

Kids have too much stuff to be bothered when they are sent to their rooms. Most have TV, ipod (or similar), games system, handheld games system, DVD player, PC or laptop. So, the easiest way to get your money back is to sell his stuff. And make him watch as every single buyer walks away with a smile on their face. But the first thing to go would have to be the ipod. No point in allowing him to rack up a bigger bill while you're trying to pay off the previous one.

When I was a kid the only electrical item I had in my room was the light! We had 1 TV and that was in the living room. Even then my mum never sent me to my room, we had a naughty step etc. If he's a teenager he's too old for that and she's already failed at discipline! I'd also like to point out I'm only 24 so it's not like we couldn't have had gameboys and stuff we just weren't allowed them!

Egnar 19

My mom knew what was in my room as a kid - A TV, an SNES and a gameboy. With the exception of the TV [which I wouldn't dare turn on as I had no door to drown out the noise] everything was taken from me. This could last a few hours for minor offenses, or, if I really ****** up a few weeks. I'd be resigned to my room only allowed to read. If I started whining or acting up about it she'd take out the notebook and make me write lines ["I will not act. . ..etc. . .100+ times] on top of my punishment, or, just add more time on it - I wouldn't dare. . . .I turned out fine and respectful, I learned early, behave or be bored. I don't know what happened along the way with discipline but my younger brother/sister lucked out - To them being punished was being sent to their room without taking away their electronics and being allowed out whenever they got too whiny to deal with.

See my parents messed up with my older brother, they spoiled him because he was the first child. My grandparents spoiled him because he was a boy. Now he's a dick. They learnt from that mistake and didn't do the same with me!

SteelCladAngel 0

I had my light, lamp, stereo, fan...and about three bookshelves full of books LOL I /liked/ being sent to my room. I'd just sit and read or listen to music, draw, get scraps of wood and use the woodburner...

TheDrifter 23

We had a potato cellar in the basement. 10x10 concrete room with a wooden bench, no windows and one light. There was however a potato peeler in case you got bored.

sweetonsno 1

This could have been prevented, and is definitely a hard lesson for you to learn. The solution is simple: do not allow him to purchase with your credit cards in the future (change the password for EVERYTHING and don't give him the new one) and make him reimburse you for the charges.

Why on Earth did you set him up for purchasing authorization to begin with?! YDI

Fish_999 0

just sell his ipad to pay for the bills! that'll teach the little git!

Zombie65 0

he'd cry and they would be such wimpy ass parents they'd buy him a new one and apologize for selling they first one

almira_fml 5

Bust his ass and then make him work his ass off to pay it all back.