By StupidApple - 25/05/2011 00:02

Today, I found out that whenever I send my son to his room, he goes on his iPod and buys the most expensive apps he can find. So far I've been charged $600. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 857
You deserved it 53 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well take his ipod and don't give him any money till the 600$ are paid off. Can parents not raise their children anymore, that's just sad.

cdawg145236 1

your lucky he hasn't found the $999.99 apps yet

Comments

The simple way would be to punish the same way we were punished back in the day. When you were sent to the room, all that you would have in there to do is read a book or lay down in bed. Everything was taken out, and there was nothing to do. Nothing to get into. And the only time you could come out of the room was for something to eat or to use the bathroom. Sending the kid to the room with everything still readily available... how is that even remotely close to a punishment? It's like saying... "You're grounded, you can't see your friends in person so go to your room so you can do everything you still want." Parents these days are becoming a bunch of pansies. Time to grow some balls. Not having to go all drastic but there are things that parents can do like take stuff away from the room so that stuff like this doesn't happen. This is just sad. It really is. You failed at "punishing" and your kid is running your card up the wazoo. The blame goes both ways. But more of it lies on you for not teaching your kid the true value of a dollar and not teaching them what a true and proper punishment is all about. Back in the day... if a kid were to do that... you wouldn't see them for a month at the least.

my parents sent me to their room, or to the utility room, which had nothing in them except a bed or a chair

NanoGirl 4

You got to read? Luuuuucky. When I got sent to my room I got grounded from everything. Reading. Drawing. Actually it wasn't even to my room. I'd have loved to go sleep through punishment. Noooo, I got sat at the dining room table. Had to sit up straight, couldn't lean on the table, couldn't sleep. Speak. None of that. They would clear everything off the table just so there was nothing for me to read. It suuuuuuuucked. But it worked. I stayed out of trouble because it wasn't worth the hell.

tonydizzle 0

you do know there is a way to create an apple Id account without credit card info right?

Shadow4i5 3

maybe u shuld be a parent n not let him do that

12251984 0

de-authorize his account! make him get his own and only get the free ones, and if he wants to buy one, just tell him to get an iTunes gift card and load it up!

it's simple, change the information for the iTunes account so he has to ask you everytime he wants to purchase an app. do this until he starts paying forth damn thing himself.

doc_j 0

what ever happened to beating the shit out of ur child. HE SPENT $600 TO SPITE HIS PARENTS!!! If that would have me my hands would be broke

In theory that is a good idea, but in realistic terms, the parents would end up in jail and charged with so many crimes, they be lucky if they get to see the kid again. Plus knowing how spiteful the kid seems by his actions, I could see the kid making up lies if they were to hit him, saying they molested him, beat him daily, etc

I don't know about broken hands, but it is true that ever since corporal punishment became taboo kids have gotten way out of hand. They have absolutely no idea what real consequences are, and they do whatever they want with little or no thought to how their actions affect others. I agree that something a little more harsh needs to be done here though, $600 is damn near a whole rent payment in my household, if my girl did that we'd be homeless. Which is why I raise her to be better than that.

ninjkabat 15

You always could, I don't know, take away the ipod. Sounds like this kid is 10-14; what is he doing thinking he can disrespect his parents like that? My future kids would be in so much hot water if they ever tried anything like that.

Remove your credit card from the itunes account and make him pay for it...and make him work to pay for the $600! Even if he's not old enough for an actual job, he can mow lawns and babysit to earn it. You shouldn't have to pay for his ipod stuff anyway!

I don't let my child know the password to iTunes/app store. if he wants something I ok it and put the password in myself. I know it stays open to download more stuff for about 5, 8 minutes. but he hasn't tried to download after. if he did start I'd watch or hold on to it till the time passes and the password times out.

Be glad he didn't see the app that makes you pay $800 for a button that says you're rich.