By Anonymous - 26/02/2014 07:18 - United States - Littleton

Today, I found out that the little arrow next to my gas gauge actually points to the side of the car where the tank is. For the past year-and-a-half I've been sticking my head out the window and even calling my parents to ask which side it was on, because I can never remember. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 270
You deserved it 51 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why do you need to call your parents when you could get out of the car and check for yourself? C'mon, it's not that hard.

You should know what side it's on after your first week with the car

Comments

Wow, this just screams lazy. Get out of the car and check?

Did you throw your man card out the window when you where looking.

You call your parents for that ?that's Laziness at its best

Oh man, OP, come on. I thought this was common knowledge? I'm curious as to what you thought the arrow was for then? Hm, what else could you be missing out on? The future exit signs on either side of the highway show you which side the exit's on. Yellow signs with speed limits are actually suggestions, not law. Hmm.

A little arrow isn't terribly hard to miss. I understand the whole calling of the parents is ridiculous, but just because somebody didn't notice that little arrow doesn't mean they're a moron.

damnit1989 16

I never actually noticed the arrow. But I knew what side my tank was on so it didn't matter. I've never forgotten what side it's on, I've never pulled in on the wrong side. Does it still make me a moron?

crackz12 10

Nah, you're just an asshole. I'd say the majority of people never notice the arrow. And why would you need to? It should only take one trip to the gas station to get it down. I guess unless you're constantly driving other people's cars. Someone actually just pointed it out to me about a month ago and so far everyone I've told is surprised.

Cool! I never knew about that arrow. Yep. It's there. Learnt something new.

How long have you had this car? You should know by the time it takes to call or even look have where the tank is memorized by now write a note if needed I'm going to stop I am stressing quite a bit of rage here

catanita 18

It doesn't matter on which side is the tank. The fuel hose is so long that it can reach on the other side of the car.

caitiebug1119 15

There's no way, especially on big cars and trucks. Besides turning the car on and moving it isn't a big problem.

90% off the time the side the gauge is on is the side you fill up on......lol

Not true but the needle ussually points at the tank when your empty if there's no arrow

48.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

JMichael 25

Most new card nowadays have the gas cap on the drivers side. My car however is an older model and it's on the passengers side. But you deserve it OP if you can't get off your ass long enough to figure out which side it's on.

damnit1989 16

Mine is a 2012 and it's in the passenger side.