By Rachel - 12/02/2016 06:26 - United States - Burton

Today, I found out that every time my boyfriend has cutely joked about my clothes not matching while we're just lounging around the house, he's really been hoping I would catch on that he thinks I look like a slob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 067
You deserved it 3 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lounging around is the time meant to be comfortable. Why would he think you're a slob for wanting to be comfortable?

Go on, woman. Let your claws out and walk around your house naked. Then, when he decides he wants to get frisky with you, sternly tell him, "No, sorry, I'm not good enough for you apparently."

Comments

Pfft, I wear mismatched socks every day, even when going out. My husband wonders what's wrong when my socks *do* match lol I never understood the whole matching clothes thing. Even the most garish and brightly coloured things can look good on those who feel comfortable in them. Obviously everyone has their own definition of what looks good on themselves so we should just mind our own bloody business.

Unless someone thinks they look good in an apron covered in human blood, while carrying around a butcher knife... I think we should take notice of that. :)

It's not even like you have to look good all the time, it's just a matter of personal preference. For example I wear mismatched socks because I don't feel the need to freak out about not being able to find the other one. Really, there are more important things to worry oneself over.

MonstreBelle 28

Are you my long lost twin? I do the same thing. People think it's weird and are always asking me if I know my socks don't match.

My shoes actually don't match. One black on white. More for the purpose of cosplay than not finding the other, but people mostly find it amusing than anything else.

I really want an update about how OP reacted because that's a shitty thing to say to someone.

BOYFRIEND!!! YOU ARE DOING THE WRONG THING!!!

PANDORUM89 21

I could slightly understand if you looked crazy and never brushed your hair or teeth or had raccoon eyes and refused to wash. but getting upset because your clothes don't match??? my boyfriend is a stickler for matching socks. FOR HIM. he looks at me and my mismatched socks and laughs. your BF needs to dig the stick out of his ass.

raz0rf0x 8

or he's trying to hint that he's gay...

corky1992 33

If you're just lounging around the house then I don't see the problem.

It's your house. You should be allowed to wear whatever and feel comfortable.

I was going with a different direction, saying your a slob OP is just mean.

aeryn97 17

heck home is where you don't have to wear pants. I've been told off once when I had to drop off the hubby and kid at work and school on a cold winter morning. Hubby spent the whole time in the bathroom while I got the kid ready for school and packed her lunch. I figured no one would care as I wasn't getting out of the car. he was still embarrassed even though the drive took less than 10 mins total and the car gets parked inside of the garage. he was worried people would peek into the car window and see I had pj bottoms and a hoodie on. haha. I didn't care

My mom always does that actually. If she's not planning on getting out of the car, slippers and pjs it is. I think I was slightly embarrassed when she did it to drive me to school..a few days. After that I didn't care. No one ever seemed to notice either.

Well he doesn't have realistic expectations if he thinks woman lounge in lingerie for men . Big tshirts , sweats or shorts and a bun is the reality .