By Rachel - 12/02/2016 06:26 - United States - Burton

Today, I found out that every time my boyfriend has cutely joked about my clothes not matching while we're just lounging around the house, he's really been hoping I would catch on that he thinks I look like a slob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 066
You deserved it 3 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lounging around is the time meant to be comfortable. Why would he think you're a slob for wanting to be comfortable?

Go on, woman. Let your claws out and walk around your house naked. Then, when he decides he wants to get frisky with you, sternly tell him, "No, sorry, I'm not good enough for you apparently."

Comments

I've never seen the point of "matching" clothes. I mean, who else but fashionistas would give a ****? But when you're just lounging around the home, who cares?

That's just a nice way of saying its a turn off. I'm guessing your not getting any while you look like this. So if you don't care......

So she should look like a super star even when trying to relax and be comfortable? Great that means girls can't ever relax

You don't have to look like a slob to be comfortable. There's cute matching sets for girls everywhere

is that her problwm for being comfortable or his for being shallow and caring what his other half is wearing when at home?

This is one of the sad reasons you see elderly couples in matching lounging outfits.

KhaleesiDannie 26

Remember always look exciting to please your man and don't forget to make him a 12 course dinner and meet him at the door with a martini and ******** no time for that silly relaxing that's for the men folk

Sadly there are people who actually think this way. I've been on disability home sick and my mother thinks it's horrible that I don't put makeup on or do my hair while I'm sick. She actually asked me what my husband thought of it! Like, my husband is concerned that his wife is ill, he doesn't give a shit about makeup or styler hair.

MonstreBelle 28

Thank you, magical sex guru, for making me realize how awful my sex life is. I mean, my boyfriend doesn't even care what I wear because he thinks I look sexier naked anyway. Can you believe that? Bastard!

IssacB 14

Just lounging around the house is grounds to look however you please. But at least he was nice about expressing his opinion instead of being blunt and ultra hurtful

What does he expect?! Lingerie while doing the dishes and vacuuming. LIFE AINT A ****

aeryn97 17

On the other hand, maybe this could be a ticket to convincing him to get you a few sets of matching hoodie and sweatpants and fuzztastic socks. Remember, even then, it is perfectly acceptable to spend the day wrapped in a duvet and the ghost of yesterday's mascara stuck on your dark circles.

Redgy22 26

This is fantastic advice! I love, love, love it. Plus, I'm sure the BF is dressed to the nines at all times.

My boyfriend has gotten used to my extraordinarily unflattering "home clothes." I told him if he wants me to do my hair and makeup, and look nice, he has to take me out on a date. We only go out like once a month, so obviously he doesn't care too much about me being a slob at home!

LalapaloozaChick 14

you're at home. there is no need to impress the tv.

I think it's cute way to bring up something that bothers him without trying to be offensive. Don't judge him like his opinions don't matter or are invalid. Speak, listen, and find the compromise for small issues to prepare yourselves for the larger ones.

I have to agree. It wasn't like he said " bitch you ugly. If you don't dress better Im going to find me a new gf." He tried to subtly hint that he was upset that she didn't try to put a little more effort in while at home. I mean this would be a great time for some compromises. Maybe agree to getting dressed up for dinner. You could lay around in comfortable clothes most of the day, but both of you could get dressed up and eat dinner together. It doesnt have to be an every day kind of thing either. 2 set days a week where you have a fancy dinner at home wouldn't be bad. He could cook for one of them and you for the other.

Or she could demand he be dressed appropriately at all times as well. Nice shirt and matching pants. Makeup if he's demanding that as well. Maybe then he'll realize how ******* ridiculous it is to be picky on what someone wears when relaxing. If it's a turn off when they want to have sex there's a quick solution: sex doesn't require clothes.

More like this would be a great time for her boyfriend to grow up a little and realize the world doesn't revolve solely around his personal tastes at her inconvenience/discomfort.

Everyone is hating on the guy here, and I get that she has every right to relax how she wants in her own home. But I'm a little curious, just how much of a slob are we talking here? Everything has its limits. Just looking at both sides here.

Yeah, if she's been in the same pair of sweatpants all week (or all month) then he has a right to complain. It does depend on how much a slob.

It does say just not matching clothes. Sure she might be trying to make herself seem better, but with the information given its pretty ridiculous of him to call her a slob or be upset.

Yeah, women have a right to be comfortable in their own home, of course they do. Men also have the right to think the women look awful in their slobby clothes. I'd say at least make a small effort some days. My home outfits usually consist of a long tank top, leggings, a bit of makeup and straightened hair. Comfortable, minimal effort, and I still look amazing, both for myself and my partner.

Ashd09 30

I feel bad for you if you feel that you must put on makeup and do your hair (no matter how minimal) in order to look good for your partner every day. Dressing up sometimes is nice but lounging around in the house = comfortable clothes and zero effort put in to look like anything

and what if they dont want to "make an effort" and just want to be comfy and relax?

Relaxing and being comfortable at home usually doesn't include make up and doing your hair. Girls can still look cute with their hair up in a clip and sweat pants.