By Anonymous - 06/09/2015 04:00 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I told my best friend she looked great in the dress she was wearing. My boyfriend overheard and is now convinced I'm a lesbian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 637
You deserved it 2 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

joljenni 6

I have no idea how anyone can say you deserve it. Good on you OP for being a nice friend. Your boyfriend's a dumbass and the jealous type. Find a secure man. Good job! :)

Comments

Just go with it. Get your friend to play along for ***** and giggles.

Did you say she looked sexy? Or maybe that she looked hot? That would be grounds for suspicion.

randomguy76 14

That's not grounds for anything considering that OP was talking to her best friend....

I tell my male and female friends they look hot all the time - i don't want to date them (as I'm not single) but giving your friends and ego boost and appreciating them is what friends are for. Her boyfriend sounds like he has self esteem and trust issues.

#4, I always tell my female friends if they look sexy or hot in an outfit. My ex never thought I was a lesbian. So no, a compliment doesn't mean anything to get suspicious about.

I've had friends say I have a nice butt/ boobs etc. and plenty were straight. It's just a compliment it doesn't make her gay. Being gay makes her gay.

This is ridiculous. When my mom went on her first date since her and my dad split I told her she looked sexy. It's something women say to each other to boost their confidence and encourage each other. Your comment makes me suspect you know very little about women.

Nope, even if it was you look sexy/hot it would be stupid to base a person's sexuality on that.

Well I must be a straight up lesbian lmao I smack my besties ass all the time (she has an ass as big as nicki but her is real) I also smack my moms ass...I like big butts and I cannot lie (I swear I'm not gay)

Obviously you want her. Why else would you give someone a compliment? Silly.

seaboundrhino813 8

If the roles were switched, the guy would be getting hell.

whatarethisss 23

#42 She complimented her girl best friend. If he were to compliment his guy best friend I doubt OP would've cared.

He's playing mind games. He wants a threesome. Award him with one for his efforts. You're welcome, boyfriend.

leogachi 15

@6 Mind games should be awarded with being dumped.

That thing that flew over everybody's head, that was the joke. Imagine that, on a site for farts & giggles.

joljenni 6

I have no idea how anyone can say you deserve it. Good on you OP for being a nice friend. Your boyfriend's a dumbass and the jealous type. Find a secure man. Good job! :)

chrisbeaudoin 26

Most of the ydi's are just people accidentally clicking it, if you Look on most fml's there is about 10x more fyl than ydi.

tantanpanda 26

So you're saying that 10% of people accident click YDI? No, there are people who truly think someone deserves it, no matter how bad it is.

corky1992 33

He must not realize how often girls compliment each other when it comes to stuff like that lol.

Good opportunity for a surprise threesome. Just kidding! :P

schreibergx93 19

Mmm. It's probably just wishful thinking.