By kayak probs - 30/07/2013 14:13 - United States - Newtown

Today, I finished the kayak I have been working on for four years. I can't get it out of my basement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 388
You deserved it 25 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anyone else thinking of NCIS while reading this? OP should try and disassemble the kayak into parts that can make it out the door then reassemble it, no? (I have no idea whether that would actually work with kayaks though...) Either way, good luck, OP!

Comments

Is it me or does anyone else think of Gibbs' boat from NCIS when they read this?

simple solution. have a company come in a put a large 2'x2' window in your basement, and while they are doing that drag the thing out. 2 birds with one stone.

At least your not the guy who spent 17 years building a Lamborghini in his basement and had to dig a giant hole

danidanidani 10

Time to cut the door into a bigger hole

I read a book about this! All you need to do is wait until it rains a lot and paddle about in your flooded basement. For more fun, why not spend a year digging a long tunnel in your basement that you can speed down when it next floods?

Thats pretty clever, don't try to paint a floor. ...

take the kayak out a window. or start over where you can remove it to use it. well now his basement has an awesome decoration.

My neighbor had the same problem, but just built a window for his basement and got it out that way!