By Anonymous - 30/11/2016 10:48

Today, I finally went to the doctor for a condition I've had all my life. Turns out it was easily cured with a simple pill. I peed in my pants everyday for 27 years for nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 198
You deserved it 5 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm unsure why it took you 27 years to do this. I understand it can be embarrassing but in my mind it's even more embarrassing to have this happen to you during the day.

Why would you, or your parents not visit a doctor?

Comments

I'm unsure why it took you 27 years to do this. I understand it can be embarrassing but in my mind it's even more embarrassing to have this happen to you during the day.

It happens plenty of times that people are too scared to go to the doctor out of fear.

OP might have gone previously and gotten misdiagnosed.

The way it's written makes me think OP had gone to a doctor at some other point and been told there was no fix, it was a permanent condition

He finally went to the doctor, so im gessing its the first time OP is trying to solve the issue.

Exactly, the way it's written, to me says she's FINALLY made the decision...

It says "finally went to the doctor" not "finally found out that it was easily fixable". That means that it was OP's first trip to the doctor. And if it was misdiagnosed then that would most likely be mentioned, as that makes it even more of an FML situation.

Why would you, or your parents not visit a doctor?

khadishja 12

well at least you won't pee in your pants for the next 27 years

But after that the cycle begins again.

Unfortunately for OP, the side effect of the new medication is crapping her pants daily.

I'm just curious as to what condition causes this and how you were dealing with it for 27 years. Did you wear a diaper or something?

what condition causes that and is fixed by a pill? hormone imbalance?

Someone I know has a kid who couldn't hold her pee and it was because she kept having muscle spasms that would force her to urinate. Medication to prevent the spasms later, no more kid coming home in borrowed gym shorts.

Maybe OP was too poor to visit a Doctor or was afraid that the meds would cost too much or OP would need an expensive surgery. (Assuming OP does not have free healthcare)

It doesn't hurt to do some research online too, that could've helped

I know I had a similar problem as a child. My bladder was too small for my body so I was incapable of holding my bladder. I peed the bed many times before I was taken to the doctor. He gave me some medicine to help my bladder grow (I think that's what it did, it's been awhile). Now I'm fine. I can hold my bladder without trouble.