By justplainsad - 17/09/2009 04:15 - United States

Today, I finally figured out that when a man says, "Maybe some other time, I'll be busy then" more than once, he really means, "I don't really want to see you again. I didn't think you'd actually USE my number." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 330
You deserved it 33 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It took you that long to figure it out? You must be pretty slow...

Comments

bugmenotmofo 34

Why FYL? I say congratulations for having learnt how to use your brain.

YDI for a) not getting the hint and b) chasing after a guy in general... *yawn*

Guys are *******. Thats why its best to let them do the chasing. Girls will be more up front, at some point, and come clean that they arent really interested. Guys will just continue to be cowardly/avoidant/making excuses, because, despite anatomy, girls have the bigger balls.

So many sexist and generalizing comments... Personally, I'm male, and if I had a sexual preference I'd definitely just say "No."

ElMundio87 0

#35 whatever you're smoking, i'll have some

#35, nah, guys just plain don't want to deal with an annoying bitch. Women are always trying to build this emotional connection.

Do you even realize how important an emotional connection is in a relationship? Look above reply for my sex. You're pathetic.

_THE_MASTER_ 0

the problem is, really, that it sound slike the OP was hounding the guy. I can't say to a certainty, but that's how it sounds. Guys don't like that. Well...can't speak for everyone, but I definitely like to do the chasing. The last chick i hooked up with, and was getting close to, turned into a stage 4 clinger after a couple weeks. So, naturally, I threw her away like a parking ticket. Can't have someone constantly calling me, texting me, IMing me, Facebook messaging me, all damn day. Not saying i wouldn't like to communicate, but every 45 minutes - hour? Too much. Not saying the OP was doing this, but relating a personal experience to this FML. I mean, it isn't even really an FML. Would've been a lot more simple if she said 'Today, something completely ordinary happened. MLIA. oops. I mean FML.'

It's ok that he doesn't want to deal with the "annoying bitch", but then why give her his number? Sounds like a dumbass to me.

Sounds like something from "He's just not that into you", haha. Well, good luck on getting your perfect guy!

I love how the first part, "Maybe some other time" raises her hopes, while the second, "I'll be busy then," smacks her down. Pure poetry! I'll have to remember that if I become single again. This assumes that there might actually be a woman who would pursue me. And that I would have the courage to reject.

Ok, let's practice. "plexico, have my babies!" Your turn.

Yes, this time, right now. For you, I won't be busy ever! Oh, epic fail for me!

Your epic fail is my epic win. You're bad at the rejection thing. I could sooo take advantage of you. Not that I would or anything..... So much for working while at work, huh? ;)

Actually, I squeezed in a bit of work at work yesterday and might sneak in a bit today. I hope the other readers of FML won't miss me too much, but they seem to care about my efforts more than my boss does. I don't know how to react to that idea that you could take adavantge of me. If I say you could not, then that would just make you kick the temptations up a notch, and if I say you could, then let the advantage-taking begin. Hmmm.

Looks like you're ****** either way, huh? Oh well. You'll get used to being taken advantage of. Haha, quit your job and become a comedian. We very much appreciate your posts. What would FML be without you??

That does suck. I wish everyone could be more honest. I went through this a few times with a woman I knew before I realized she was always going to be too busy for me. It would have saved a lot of confusion if she had just said no thanks.

DrunkenValor: Hey, um...wanna get coffee some time? And by coffee, I do mean the euphemism for sex.

I don't know, your nickname is kind of off putting when it comes to sex, not that I'll say no. just sayin' I might get radiation poisoning and mutate into something sexy.

You're not reading it right! It's not "toxic ****", it's the word "intoxicant" (ie. something intoxicating, and thus desirable) combined with "****". So my **** is intoxicating. Now are you interested?

Oh yus, take me now, and grab my scraggley chin beard.

Dammm Intox.. I THOUGHT your name mean: Into xi ****, Now I gotta re-evaluate every post you've made. This may take a while...

Lol. Yeah, I use this site a LOT, so it will take you...approximately forever. I like your version as well. No one seems to take it the way I meant it (a play on "intoxicant"), but that's fine. Like all great art, it's open to interpretation. Yes, I called myself a great work of art. Want to fight about it? Good.

Can I grab your scraggly other beard instead? Rough is good.

If my other scraggley beard is what I think it is... then yes, definately. If not, still yes.

*Grabs ass hair* Bitch. Also, what kind of lame stalker kills your pet?? I'm your new stalker. I'll show you how it's done.

Oh wow, now the pressures on, Intoxicunt. We'd be joined together in the hateful eyes of FML trolls.

That would be cool. There are a TON of people on here I'd love to meet. plexico is giving me babies, for that matter. :) Alan...let's meet up!

Could you imagine telling your friends though? "It was love at first **** my life." Or something along those lines.

Lmao. That would be funny. "We met online." "Oh a dating site? Which one?" "Oh no, it was Fmylife.com. We made fun of people, and that brought us together."

Well, I always did want to visit France. Guess I'll see ya there!