By Anonymous - 26/12/2016 05:59

Today, I dropped the collection basket during Christmas Mass at my Catholic church. Money and checks fell all over the floor and everyone was staring at me. I was too stunned to even pick it up. There were about 1,500 people from our town there and my family won't stop bringing it up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 597
You deserved it 1 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You dropped something and people stared at you. I'm legitimately impressed your family can bring something that mundane up so often. "Please hand me that thing, but don't drop it like [name] dropped that basket. Hahaha!" "Please do another favor, but avoid doing something that could in some way be connected to [name] dropping that basket. Ha. Ha. Ha." "If you were a basket, [name] would drop you. Haaaaaaaaaaa…"

Key word is "Catholic" church. I went to a Catholic church for Easter one year and it easily had 2000 people. It had 2 floors of balcony seating in addition to a huge ground floor. The place was bigger than a lot of concert venues I've been to.

Comments

Where is the YDI button when we really need it?

That's ok, I once dropped the pan of communion wafers on Christmas mass while bringing them up to the altar

I am Catholic also and tbh I just started being an Usher at my Parish in Spartanburg SC. I feel a little scared doing it only because I am afraid I will mess up. On my first night Mass as an Usher, I almost forgot to bow towards the direction of the Father and Deacon. The mistake from wich you made could litterally happen to anyone.

It's embarrassing but it's not the end of the world. If that's the worst thing that's happened to you then you're lucky. And well, family is family, you'll hear about that forever.

I've never heard of checks being put in a collection basket at mass. Is that particular to the people attending this specific church or is it the other way round and they just don't do it where I live?

That's embarrassing, but why not pick it up? I feel that would've helped at least. Now people probably think you're some inconsiderate person who can't even bother to clean up their own mistakes.

Let me get this right.. your life is so chill that you posted "I dropped a basket OMG mortified!" To a website called **** my life. Really, is your life ******?

The simple solution is to quit wasting your life going to church.

Speak for yourself, your dusty crushed Ritz cracker

Arcfelt 14