By Drew - 06/03/2013 15:16 - United States - Great Falls

Today, I discovered that the neck injury that my mom has had since last week was planned just as an excuse not to shovel when today's snowstorm came. She has planned on being lazy for over a week now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 002
You deserved it 3 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nightwing98 22

Damn, that's a lot of planning just to be lazy. I'm pretty sure it's counter-productive.

perdix 29

Your mom is very industrious -- she had to combine the skills of a meteorologist, an orthopedist and an actress to pull off this trick. And what the **** kind of son are you? Why aren't you shoveling Momma's snow? She pushed your big, bulbous head through her ****** -- you owe her big time!

Comments

hanymandy 6
crazytwinsmom 25

Maybe OP blew her off last time she asked him. We don't know the history.

'cause ya know, theme parks are open when it's snowing.

I'm a girl and if we got off school and my parents had to go to work, in middle/high school they would expect me to clean the steps and driveway while they were at work. Sure, it was annoying, but I respected my parents and enjoyed helping them. You should adopt a similar attitude, being a parent is hard.

Good for her, you shouldn't make your Mom shovel!

Haha, I have heard of planned sick days, but planning lazy days! That's a new one. She's clearly the planner in the family!

zilla52 12

ydi your mom shouldn't have to act hurt for you to help her out

Your Mom shouldn't have to shovel snow! Are your arms broken? You're the lazy one. BTW, I'm in VA and we have zero snow.

uhnevermind 24

If you live in Virginia, then you don't know how terrible it is to shovel snow. Someone intentionally hurting themselves to avoid it, that should be a clue though. Making someone else shovel snow because you're being lazy is one of the worst offenses a person can commit. :I

I know exactly what it's like to shovel snow! I live in VA, I'm from FL but I've lived all over! My hubby was military for 25 yrs. this is not the only place I've ever lived! OP said they're in VA, I only commented that there's no snow here where I live! Know what you're talking about if you're gonna be a smart aleck especially to someone old enough to be your Grandma!

Just shovel the snow for your mom, it's the least you can do

Children are your responsibility not your work force or some kind of free labor. I did stuff for my parents all the time but if it was something such as raking leaves or hard manual labor, my parents did that themselves as it is a part of HOME OWNERSHIP, actually they paid someone to do it. Granted I was sickly as a child but I did help my mom garden when I could, I doubt i would have bothered to help her at all if she insisted on sitting on her ass while getting other people to do the work for her. Your mom seems selfish and lazy and if she is able bodied there is no reason why you should do all of the shoveling. Being older than you (I'm assuming she isn't elderly) or being a woman are not excuses.

I have to disagree. Children are a workforce. I was raised on a farm in Eastern Canada, and from the time I was five I was on the 'payroll'. I didn't get an 'allowance' like the other kids, I got 'paid. If I didn't do my assigned chores, I didn't get 'paid'. Yeah, I know it sounds like an allowance, but get this: It built a work ethic that's stuck to this day. Money don't come for free. Your parents raised you and fed you for close to two decades, the least you can do is some work around the house for them.