By Sigh - 23/05/2009 05:50 - United States

Today, I decided to tell my mother what I thought about religion. I've been raised catholic. I told her I was converting to Wicca, to which she sort of nodded and walked away. I went into my room to study with my earbuds in, music loud. I walked out to see a cross nailed above my door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 980
You deserved it 34 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ZiggyMorrison 0

I sense a big theological debate in the works on this one any minute now oh and atleast she didnt throw holy water on you screaming THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!!!!!!!

#14: I judge all religion as bad for society, but there are some that are worse than others. #11: Google's your friend, but it's one of the Pagan religions, based around peace with nature and all living things. Its beliefs including never harming any living being except for food or self defense and the "Rule of Three" which states that if you hurt someone, you'll get hurt back three times as bad (and likewise, if you do good, good will come to you three times as strong). As far as religions go, it's probably one of the best out there.

Comments

#22 is right. I'm not Wicca but I don't think it's so bad. Paganism is pretty peaceful. And #15, you shouldn't just assume things. Why don't you fully research wicca and THEN see what it's like? Don't judge prematurely, it makes you look like an asshole. The FML is that their mom doesn't want to even begin to understand why they chose to convert. Their mother is trying to press her beliefs upon her child. But it could have been a LOT worse. Everyone should be able to choose their own beliefs. By the way I don't have a religion but I do believe in Karma. If you don't that's okay. I'm not going to try to convince you you're wrong.

YDI for believing in man-made religions in the first place. ALL RELIGIONS WERE / ARE CREATED BY HUMANS FOR POPULATION CONTROL. EDUCATE YOUR SELF ON THAT... IF YOU ARE GOING TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A GOD AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. THAT IS, AFTER ALL, THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPT OF ALL RELIGIONS. sorry for the caps but come on...WICCA??? YDI!

bcrklein 0

#27, if it wasn't for religion we wouldn't have wars in the middle east, the holocaust (not blaming the Jews for that, though, Hitler was retarted), the crusades, the inquisition, and every religious persecution/genocide/purge known to man. And yes, it is 2009, and religion isn't that big a deal anymore. I'm a Christian, I just think the extremes people go to and things people will believe are ridiculous, i.e. Wicca, Scientology, etc.

If you live in your parents' house, you have to be aware that they get to decide...if you want to do something they disapprove of and not be criticized, support yourself and live on your own.

Bo_fml 0

I thought it creepy when I was going to press the " Your life is f**ed" button it was 666. Whoooaa. Haha. Don't worry about what your mother does and says; religion is your choice.

kellster 2

Lol, wicca. I thought that went out in the nineties! When are you telling her you're a lesbian? That's the next usual step. I hope you didn't skip the dyeing your hair & painting your nails black part! That's step 1. If you're going to follow the standard emo teen formulaic pattern, you have to get it right!

SnakeGuy4000 0

Well, that sucks. Blessed be!

I agree with #29 Wicca is a legit religion and just because it's not as appreciated as others doesn't mean it's worst. Would you like it if I said: Catholicism? Hahaha that's some ******* bullshit right there. You see, you wouldn't like that because it's YOUR religion and YOU believe in it. So lay off insulting this person. And besides, Wicca is more or less NATURALISM. Using non chemical and all natural remedies to cure tons of different illnesses and such. Basically all of #22's explanation is completely correct. So seriously, all you religious-folk, if you don't like your religion insulted, don't insult others. *And to the person who wrote this FML post, I say congrats to you for telling this to your mom. In the end it's your belief. If she doesn't like that... well that's unfortunate. She's showing her where she stands. She will come around. I'm just glad that when I told my mum I found out she believed in it as well. (I was raised a Catholic as well, guess only because of my father). In general, good luck :)