By SpaceAstronaut - 28/12/2009 21:42 - United States

Today, I decided to take a nap while listening to my iPod, on the lowest volume possible. My girlfriend woke me up by turning the volume all the way up. I still can't hear out of both ears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 792
You deserved it 5 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thinmint 0

iPods doooo go that loud. mine does atleast... that was a bitch move from the gf.

Yarrachel 16

We're all completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Comments

terriibabiiix23 0

omg, tha sucks ;/ your gf is such a bitch

thinmint 0

iPods doooo go that loud. mine does atleast... that was a bitch move from the gf.

wet11 2

welcome to the deaf world like me! :P

Pardon? Anyways, he said it was on the lowest possible volume... wouldn't that mean there isn't any sound coming out? when my iPod is on the 'lowest possible volume it's muted.

 the volume can go that loud, all you naysayers. maybe he had different headphones or earbuds that are in-ear and noise isolating or cancelling in his ears. it doesn't take much volume output to slowly go deaf with in-ears. also, perhaps the song mastering was louder than normal (Jay Z- the blueprint 3 compared to Owl City- Ocean eyes as an example). I only have to turn my iPod up a little to have it at a comfortable listening level, and if someone turned it up all the way, my ears would start ringing (and maybe give out for a few minutes). if I turned it up from normal to really high, I could see myself not hearing anything for 2-3 minutes.   

BaBiiSpAnKy821 0

next time lock it... its not rocket science

LadyLieDie 1

Assuming that his girlfriend isn't a complete retard, she could have just unlocked it.

Depending on the kind of iPod, you can adjust the volume easily without having to unlock it. iPod touches have volume buttons on the side that you can use even if the iPod is "asleep".

Not 1st generation ipod touches.. Food for thought!

u can set a volume limit if its too loud for you.! therefore if ahe did turn it up it would only go to ur perferible volume.!!

spencenaz 0

are you kidding me. I listen to loud songs on my iPod all the time with the music turned all the way up, this "guy" is just a little wuss.

But if your volume limit isn't also all the way up it makes a difference.

#50 - Even with no volume limit, iPods peak at around the same volume as an average concert. For many people, including myself, that is not only a comfortable listening level, it is often a desirable one.

@#84 - Either you have really resilient ears or you can't hear soft sounds at all.

Neither. Most people are capable of going to concerts without bleeding at the ears, you know.

#83 - Are you going to Raffi concerts? The average concert level is not a comfortable and desirable listening volume. It is, in fact, a dangerous listening volume. Ever wonder why musicians where custom fitted earplugs and in-ear systems?

"The average concert level is not a comfortable and desirable listening volume." Of course. Experienced sound technicians plan concerts to leave their paying audience cringing on the floor from ear pain, instead of optimizing sound to a desirable level. Makes perfect sense, right? I mean, why would they want the people who pay their salary to actually have a good time? The musicians of course wear ear protection both because they are experiencing louder sound than the fans (being on stage where the speakers are) and because they experience it much more often, such that the long-term effects would compound themselves into definite hearing loss. Front-row listeners and maybe up to a few rows back are actually advised to wear earplugs (though I'm sure that happens rarely), but for the majority of the audience the sound level is ideal - just as it is designed to be by people with far more audio sense than you or me. (For a frame of reference, I have only been to heavy metal concerts, but have never been in the front few rows nor close to a mid-audience speaker)