By thanksmum - 29/05/2010 17:39 - Germany

Today, I decided to take a nap before a big job interview at 6. I set two alarm clocks to make sure I didn't miss it, but I woke up at 5:59. As I'm scrambling in a panic to get out the door, my mom says calmly, "I took your alarm clocks out of your room because you looked really tired today." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 065
You deserved it 3 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awe, how nice of her. You don't need a job anyway.

my moms the opposite, when i have to be up at 7, she wakes me up at 4 D: and with wake up, i mean door bashing and screaming.

Comments

Awe, how nice of her. You don't need a job anyway.

Snugglez 0

Lol that sucks but hey she was just being thoughtful.

That's why people should stay out of other peoples business. I'd be so mad if that happened to me.

1 u have a nice smile.  Op, communication is always important. However u poor little thing. 

You live with your mom so you probably will have plenty of time to find more jobs but that still sucks.

Good morning cincin. it's not really morning here though it's 4:33

get a hundred pound alarm clock and set your phone

clanceyrocks11 0

ur mom didn't know about ur important interview

Wouldn't you have told your mom if you had a job interview? Since you obviously live at home I would've thought she'd know.

I agree with Jessie, YDI for not letting your mom know so she could wake you up if your alarms failed.

GamerGoddess 0

I agree with 8, that sucks but ur mom was trying to be sweet

I thought that insted of saying big job it said ******** and that craked me up

FyourLIFEdotCOM8 0

why the hell did your mom not know that you have an interview?!?!?!

tell your mom shes a fúcking asshole and needs to get back in the kitchen and make you a sammich

81 - no... she didn't know she was causing trouble, and it's really the op's fault (as Jessie pointed out), so the mom is NOT an asshole. :|

bettadenne1 0

kill off an uncle and reschedule its the only way

TurboTalon 0

1) You live at home, mom should know about important interviews, I'm sure she'd like to know rents coming soon. 2) This gives you the great opportunity of lying. I'd go in with my ankle wrapped and a story about how my sister is a junkie in rehab and I'm taking care of her kid and I tripped over their toy while trying to get them to a backup sitter after the first one fell through. And then go into some big speech about how I hate irresponsible people who can't be dependable and how much I value people taking control of their own lives.

JokingJoe 0

#1 you're stupid. and so are moms.

Jessi2487 0

just tell ur mum she has to take care of u for the rest of ur life... everyone wins here.

PYLrulz 17

anybody who says ydi is an idiot. no matter what age, for anybody to do that, just wrong. ful

How did you know what time it is if your alarm clocks are gone and you just woke up?

which is the same reason you're still in her house.

nateb1tch 1

how big can it be if you still live with your mom?

But the OP's alarms didn't fail... Their mother just decided to do something incredibly stupid. Even if the OP did look tired, their mother should have realized that if the oP has not one, but TWO alarm clocks set, then there's a reason and she shouldn't touch them.

Epickitty58 29

108: There's this new thing called a cell phone that magically tells you what time it is. It's amazing! *SARCASM WARNING

#121 So big, that if OP got it... They might not have to live with their mom anymore. Mind blowing, right? #99 Not every parent makes their child pay rent as soon as they turn 18. My parents want me to stay home as long as possible cuz I'm the only girl, and I pay every other bill (including 100% of my college). They know I've got enough on my plate for now.maybe it's the same situation. And to everybody saying OP deserves it for not letting the mom know... Why should they have to in order for mommy not to take the alarms. Or even go in OP's room while they are sleeping and look to see if OP has alarms set. It's this wonderful thing called privacy. Every adult, even ones that still live at home, should have complete privacy in their own living space. (As long as they aren't doing anything illegal or being too loud with the SO.) ;)

And that's your excuse for not having a job and her having to pay for all your expenses.

marriah91 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's not looking out for OP. Its called interfering and later possibly ruining OP's life.

if she was looking out for what was best...she wouldn't have caused her kid to miss a job interview

my moms the opposite, when i have to be up at 7, she wakes me up at 4 D: and with wake up, i mean door bashing and screaming.

mixeddbbygirl 0

so you're gonna get her bac' right?

GaijinDiver 0
Mixmziebell 0
lyndis_fml 0

See, that's just incredibly shitty parenting.

rawrimadinosour 0

I would of yelled at my mom.