By Anonymous - 26/05/2018 19:00

Today, I came out to my therapist as gay. Claiming that my parents "can't be that homophobic", my therapist outed me to them. They kicked me out of the house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 924
You deserved it 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Because they broke confidentiality, you need to report them to your local licensing board and file a formal complaint.

Out them as unprofessional to whatever organization accredited them.

Comments

simcityguy09 19

They’re not allowed to do that. You could sue.

I’ll have that therapist’s job... as in, she should lose it and be blocked from any medical profession for violating hips.

Helmut Arias Rodriguez 21

That’s what I call homophobic

HistoryHasEyes 19

I like how everyone is up in the whole "sue em " comments but honestly for a teenager who was just kicked out of their house contracting a lawyer is definitely not the first thing on their minds. Speaking from first hand experience their most immediate thoughts would be finding shelter and some sort of employment seeing as now they will have to pay for all their expenses such as food, clothing and transportation.Sure they might get a good settlement from there therapist but they most likely have insurance and anyone who has gone to court against an insurance company will know the time and money it would take for them to get a reasonable settlement. Also pepole are commenting that its illegal to kick a child out when there a minor. While true the punishments for it is not that severe in most places and if the parents really don't want the child in thir house then the cops or courts won't force them they will just put the kid in they God awful foster care system. Sorry for the rant!