By Gayeveryday - 15/04/2012 04:12 - Canada - Truro

Today, I came out to my parents. They still think I'm joking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 493
You deserved it 5 925

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They'll believe you when you bring someone home, I bet.

At least you were brave enough to do it

Comments

That is sad, but yes they are your parents & they will come around !!!! Wishing you the very best!!! Be strong!!! Stay happy!!!!

eastsidesoldier 7
zayn_malik 4

He came out to his parents that he is gay...

Kurochrome 17

Just look on the bright side, at least your parents didn't kick you out like mine! Thats something, at least. Just try to keep talking to them about it; mention a guy you have a crush on, hot male celebrities, etc, and hopefully they'll come around. But, if they can't accept you for who you are, then they don't deserve to be in your life.

zayn_malik 4

Your parents kicked you out? :( sorryyyyy

dbpowell 2

Luckily I didn't have this problem my parents already knew and could accept it. If you need any help hmu in facebook. Dustin Powell I'm on a ladder!

starman02 12

Well.. At least they did not disown you.. ?

You deserve it. That's what you get for being gay

I've done that #20, but when they give me strange looks I always end up twisting my words to seem straight and I always hate myself for it. 

Don't chance who you are. And specially not by other people. Not worth it.

My parents still don't get it. I mean, come on, I wear make-up, paint my nails and my ex-boyfriend has been over a ton of times. Apparently what I'm doing is some crazy teenage "fad". "Durn crazy kids, hyuk hyuk." I hate ignorance. :/ Move on with your life, OP. Hopefully they'll come to the realization on their own.

Theyre most likely in denial. Not all parents want to beleive their child is gay, mine didnt. But sooner or later they will realize you were serious and learn to accept it. But anyway, congrats on coming out!! :)