By jada - 04/01/2012 23:29 - United States

Today, I called my boyfriend over and over again and he never answered. His mom just called me and asked how I was holding up. I asked her what she meant and she had to tell me he checked himself into rehab because he was addicted to heroin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 353
You deserved it 3 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3mi1y_ 16

that's not something you wanna hear :( at least he has the decency to find help!

Comments

You think that legit? If you didn't know he had a problem then it could be a rouse contrived by his mom to keep u away, or by both of them to not hurt your feelings, although it may be true. I'm just a skeptic.

And he didn't give you his secret stash of heroin for 'safe keeping'? What's wrong with him?

hewro_failure 11

Hahaha seriously f op's life for not getting the stash before rehab ... Now she has to wait til he sends her a letter saying where it is hidden

@4 until you took an arrow to the knee.

ashie2184 1

good luck. my ex was a heroin addict and had many relapses before he got clean.

For your sake, OP, I really hope he cleans up his act and that once he gets out of rehab you can enjoy a happy life together. Heroin users commonly inject heroin. If you were sexually active with him, find out, if you can, whether he was injecting, and ask him what his HIV status is, if he knows. (Bear in mind, there's a good chance he's lying; with addicts, the truth is the first thing to go out the window.) After that, please call a place that does AIDS counseling and talk honestly with someone about what you might have done or not done with him, and listen to that person's assessment of what your risk level is and whether you should go in and get tested. There's also Hepatitis B & Hepatitis C, which you can catch from sex with an injecting drug user, and which are often asymptomatic. Good luck.

THIS IS IMPORTANT! I know a ton of IV drug users with Hep C, and a few who are HIV+, get yourself checked out just in case!!!

It's often easier to smoke it than inject it though with the availability of syringes, the same reason people share/reuse needles. It doesn't have to be that bad.

How does this make your life suck? Your boyfriend is getting the help he needs and you're complaining that he isn't with you and was too ashamed to tell you. Get your shit straight.

Al_HyLo 5

That moment when fml actually gets serious. Sorry to hear.