By Gg - 23/07/2009 21:19 - United Kingdom

Today, I bust my lip when a car bumped into mine. As I headed home, I was stopped by the police who told me my back light was out. I tried to explain, but it just came out as "fghjiljh" because of my lip. I was arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 969
You deserved it 4 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LOLL, wait but I don't get how you can't talk properly just cause your lip is swollen a bit

That sucks. But a test would immediately prove you didn't drink, so it's not that bad?

Comments

"Stormin' through the party like my name is El Niño..." :D

brrrx 0

Yeah! I was thinking the same thing. This story is extremely hard to believe...it's kind of difficult for a police office to mistake "swollen lip" for "drunk driving." Also, learn to write, OP. If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough to write semi-well.

You can't possibly tell OP to "learn to write" and then say "police office". I live about 50 miles away from OP and understood the FML perfectly fine. Sounds entirely feasible to me.

abyssion1337 0

bullshit, they'd give you a breathalyzer before arresting you, unless you actually were drinking in which case you really deserve it

Weird, I thought this only happened in cartoons

Hobbz_ 0

FAKE - police won't arrest without first attempting a field sobriety test.

if you notice it says on suspicion of drinking and driving, and if she just got in a fender bender she could be a little confused and have fail it.

if he made a report there'd be proof of the accident **** wad

You do realize that accident reports are written up and have to be submitted. You don't even get an official police report at the scene of an accident.... so no actually another cop responding to a completely different incident would not know about an accident reported within minutes of that accident. And, since OP could not communicate why he was in the condition he was in it the cop would not have known. Besides the fact when cops run your license it pulls up tickets and warrants, not whether or not you have been hit.

I love the fact that everyone is crying "field sobriety test!" when it clearly says "SUSPICION of drinking and driving." lrn2read

AJ872 0

We can read just fine. A cop would have to have a real reason to take you in, even just for suspicion. That is why most do field sobriety tests in the first place. Get some common sense. A few words garbled by a busted lip (that should be OBVIOUS to the officer if it's enough to cause speech problems, be it swollen or cut) is no reason to warrant an arrest for suspicion.

jesus christ.... i am soooo tired of these stupid fake stories, and all of the morons who vote for them

they would have breathalised you at the very least. Bullshit.