By backtothelaundrettethen - 03/12/2012 11:40 - Germany

Today, I bought some expensive fabric softener since I'm not too keen on my detergent's smell. Only after washing two weeks worth of laundry did I discover that mixed together they realistically mimic the smell of fresh puke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 942
You deserved it 3 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you just ditch the nasty smelling detergent?

So you thought you'd mask the scent of something you don't like with something else? Are you the same guy who hangs 17 pine tree deodorants from your rear-view mirror to cover up the scent of the dead body in your trunk?

Comments

So you thought you'd mask the scent of something you don't like with something else? Are you the same guy who hangs 17 pine tree deodorants from your rear-view mirror to cover up the scent of the dead body in your trunk?

Na Doc this is probably the girl who has the cat piss scented bra.

Sure does smell like it's one of those two...

^oh the horror! I hate those pine tree fresheners. I recently took my car to the mechanics and as a " courtesy" they hid one under my seat and the back pocket of my drivers seat. It took me a while to figure it out.

TheDrifter 23

58 is right. We do that at the shop as a not so subtle hint that the car could use a good deodorizing.

^ actually I have the strange suspicion that the mechanic was using it for personal use. He said he wanted to make sure the new transmission worked well but when i received my car back it had an additional 200 miles and reeked of pine tree freshener beer and cologne. That sir was defiantly not a hint, more of a failed cover up.

TheDrifter 23

That's rough. I maintain my statement, though in your case it seems to be a hint that HE made your car stink. I've been hearing more and more about people abusing their privileges.

Oh the joys of chemistry!! At least they didn't blow up when you mixed them together!

Cause changing detergents is too much work.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, if you don't want to toss $11-$13 away and spend another $11-$13 on a new bottle. OP might be on a tight budget.

She bought an expensive new fabric softener to mask the smell... I doubt it's a tight budget since she bought it. And since the fabric softener was expensive, I believe it would've been a lot easier to just buy a new detergent...

I'm sorry OP, I know that feel. My laundry detergent smells like stale cat piss, and almost everything smells like it now.

And that's why you don't buy your laundry detergent from the dollar store

If you don't like your detergent's smell, then change your detergent. Smh.

Just imagine your clothes smell of parmesan. Apparently vomit and parmesan smell the same.

emoshadow47 9

Well you may smell like a drunk man. But theres people out there who cant have clothes

citymayer 7

I'm sure even poor/homeless people don't want new clothes that smell like vomit..

Try doing what I do, I always smell the laundry detergents in the store prior to buying them. I want to make sure I like their scent. I do the same thing with shampoos. I will smell them all-- one by one! *sniff sniff* :P

As a very 'scent'sitive person, I'm right there with you. Try before you buy!

I do this too! If you're going to have a smell clinging to your body all day, you're going to want to make sure its a smell you like.

RedPillSucks 31

I think the problem with OP is the combination of the smells. Probably individually, they smell OK (well, I guess she didn't like the detergent smell).

64, True, but I think they mean with the original detergent. Which I agree with, in the future, op should always smell the detergent before buying it. It'll really help.

Nothing smells better than that Fresh Puke Smell.