By Anonymous - 25/03/2009 04:48 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I bought body chocolate to use in bed with my boyfriend in the hopes of spicing things up. Everything was going great, until I tasted it. It was disgusting and actually made me gag a little. Later, my boyfriend checked the label and started laughing. It had expired 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 669
You deserved it 81 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

braFTW 0

1. Complain to the store. 2. That ice cream thing works as well.

#2 - crappy store stocking. Shelf stockers are supposed to rotate items, putting the oldest in front but constantly checking for expiration dates. If a stocker puts the newest in front and not all items are bought, it's really easy for an item to sit indefinitely. And, if the stocker is lazy and doesn't make sure the things he's rotating (or leaving in the back) haven't expired - well, things get pretty nasty. - - - I'm a former grocery store worker. I've seen expiration dates that are ... surprising....

Comments

You bought it TODAY and it's expired already!? You need to complain to the store you bought it at Unless it wasn't REALLY today that's just FML's doing lol Body chocolate sounds like a good idea though, I didn't even realize they MADE that

so... how is it that you bought chocolate that was three years past the expiration date?

that's what she gets when she shops at the dollar store

braFTW 0

1. Complain to the store. 2. That ice cream thing works as well.

all those things to "spice it up" in the bedroom, are stupid. just have a threesome... hahahaha.

yeah, your store must be the first in the world where they don't keep track of their inventory... Right #2? Nasty moment to discover their error, so good FML ;-)

#2 - crappy store stocking. Shelf stockers are supposed to rotate items, putting the oldest in front but constantly checking for expiration dates. If a stocker puts the newest in front and not all items are bought, it's really easy for an item to sit indefinitely. And, if the stocker is lazy and doesn't make sure the things he's rotating (or leaving in the back) haven't expired - well, things get pretty nasty. - - - I'm a former grocery store worker. I've seen expiration dates that are ... surprising....

bioclock 0

Oh, that's nasty. I'd go back to the shop with your receipt and the chocolate, and complain that they aren't checking their merchandise for expiration dates. That's a serious health code violation. Three years out of date, geez. They need a new shelf stocker.

xnj319 2

#7 - I worked in convenience stores for the first 7 years of my working life. I can assure you, 3 years isn't even that bad compared to some of the things I've seen.

Chaith 16

#6 Some retailers use the LIFO approach (Last in, first out) Admittedly, only like one in twenty, and they usually aren't perishable goods. Stupid shit like this happens. But you can manipulate your inventory and sales for tax purposes.

Return it and get some non-expired chocolate, or your money back.