By Sam - 01/11/2009 23:10 - Canada

Today, I bought an iTunes giftcard worth $50. I tried to scratch off the little silver thing covering the code with a pair of scissors. I scratched so much that it's now unreadable. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 777
You deserved it 58 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you enter an incorrect code enough times it gives you the option to "get help" which lets you type in the serial number.

100lol 0

Which is why you use a coin...

Comments

And that's why you use a coin. Seriously though, doesn't it say something about not using scissors on the card?

in iTunes you can submit that the silver code is unreadable. you can get your money out of it.

laureysa 0

that's why you use a coin smautone.

my sister did the EXACT same thing. she just kept guessing until she FINALLY figured it out.

YDI for two reasons. (1) You were supposed to scratch it gently a coin or a fingernail, genius. (2) Actually, this should probably be number one - that is to say that more often than not, the number of the card is often (if not solely) printed on the receipt, which you should have unless you left it, ripped it up, or tossed it already. Try using your noodle next time. I'm finding it harder and harder to understand why such amounts of pap are finding their way onto FML.

blobner_bob 0

I thought 99% of times people use coins .... turns out there IS a possibility.

I don't use coins either. I have a dry piece of clay on my desk, and it works a lot better than a coin, IMHO.

contact customer service ; apple has an amazing customer service system...