By WishIWasAWriter - 08/09/2011 18:03 - United Kingdom

Today, I bought a book by a #1 bestselling author, hoping it would distract me from having my manuscript rejected, as well as learn what made their book so successful. Now I realize I need to say stuff like, "I wish I had great boobs (hehe... boobs)" to get my works published. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 376
You deserved it 3 329

Same thing different taste

Comments

Squirrelx 5

What section of the library did you find this one...?

What damn # 1 best seller did u pick up. Are u writing fiction or non fiction. Ya think u can pick up one book & discover what everyone is reading. What an idiot u are. How many times was Harry Potter rejected before an agent finally did. Do u even know the answer to that? Keep feeling sorry for yourself, everybody loves a pity party

If you want to be an ass and try to insult someone, at least use proper grammar and try to make it legible.

Laurenlou 24

Actually, I totally agree with 22's comment. Why isn't OP still trying to get their book published? OP shouldn't get their inspiration from other books, but instead from whatever they are writing about specifically. So unless OP's manuscript was rejected numerous times, they should stop feeling sorry for themselves and just keep trying!

Sure, but OP didn't say they weren't going to try again, they just said they were trying to get their mind off of it for the moment.

Rejection is a hard thing when you work so hard on something, and then to read crap, it kinda hurts...and many authors admit they get ideas and inspirations from other authors and encourage writers and aspiring authors to do the same.

I see you're point, but then again, this is FML, she got on here with the soul purpose to complain. If you don't want to hear people complain, then don't get on the site.

ash1rose 11

Says someone who clearly has no idea how devastating rejection is. You feel completely worthless and like your work is utter shit. Maybe you should think about that before posting things like this.

35: They never said they were quitting 22: With that kind of shit grammar I'm surprised you know how to read.

ImmaB3AST 7
2ndSucks 15

Well. Are you writing about boobs now?

Sabraynay 10

Boobs make the world go round.

EnEl_Infierno 15
EnEl_Infierno 15

Watermelons, Knockers, Honkers, Chi-chis, Maracas,.... Lol

It's the House of Night Series( #1 Book "Marked" by P.C Cast & Kristen Cast... How it got published I will never know.

ilovemeoke 0

Thanks! I knew I saw that somewhere before but I couldn't remember where

AMEN!! my best friend was obsessed with the series and made me read it and I sat there looking at her and said "you know she is a total ***** right?" apparently having 2 boyfriends and having sex with a teacher does not make you a ***** when you have a crescent shaped tattoo on your forehead??

Epikouros 31

Thanks for the tip, I'll get one of those tattoos.

huberryicecream 3

Hey it's way better than the sparkly vampires of twilight

congratulations youre a successful author like brian griffin lhh

Haha i like it... ;) nice pic by the way ;)

perdix 29

Writing that you wish you had great boobs isn't going to sell me a book. Wishing that you had great boobs isn't going to sell me a book. Having great boobs: Put me down for five copies! ;)

If it doesn't have boobs or vampires... It probably won't get published. Sucks, doesn't it?

MrSexyPants 14

This book has both or so I have heard (I would never read such books)