By Anonymous - 29/01/2013 17:41 - United States - Des Moines

Today, I blew a huge gum bubble. My cat was on my lap and decided to shove her face in the bubble. There's gum all over her, and I still have scars from the last time I tried bathe her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 425
You deserved it 10 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Sticky situation" comments and pussy double-entendres in 3...2...1...

perdix 29

Take yer dirty animal down to PetsMart where the motto is: We're not ******* about cleaning cats.

Comments

ulissey_fml 22

Mmm. if you want to master the art of bathing a cat, you'll need to start from scratch.

mimiminx 23

You don't need to learn how to bathe a cat! They're self cleaning and actually it's really bad for them as it washes all their natural oils out of their fur.

Your an idiot that was a pun on scratch apparently just because it was original people can't recognize it.

mimiminx 23

Au contraire. I feel that, in fact, *you're* the idiot.

Your both idiots, its good to bathe your animals otherwise what would be the point of making feline shampoo, unless you're a vet, that of which my cousin is and speciallizes in felines, the dont post stupid advice that is wrong... Op wash the cat but maybe wear gloves and thick clothing to not get scratched

cats cant effectively lick all of their face like they can their back or sides, and when its something like gum, it would rip their fur out and they would swallow it, causing hairballs. so i think the cats 'natural fur oils' can handle one bath.

65 has never had a cat I guess. They lick their paw and rub their face. It works for them. Cause my cat has the face of a beauty queen, thank you very much

Well 21 you're both right and wrong. Short haired cats don't necessarily need to be bathed regularly but if op has a long haired cat it should definitely be bathed and brushed regularly to prevent matting and the like. This is coming from someone who has been grooming for a long time. There is only so much an animal can do to keep themselves clean.

mimiminx 23

#57 actually, my husband is a veterinary surgeon, so I'm pretty sure my advice is safe to follow. Sorry to burst your bubble.

pedosmurf 7

Scars from last time? I didn't know scars can go away :)

Whether they go away or not does not change the fact that she got scars from the last time she tried to bathe her. You're coming across as trying to correct by saying that she didn't need to say that detail because they never go away. However it's a necessary detail because she could have just as easily not gotten any scars, and the fact that she did, emphasisies how hard it will be to take out the gum given the cat's aversion to being bathed to the point of scratching with enough force to scar OP, regardless of the lifespan of a scar.

mimiminx 23

Basically what #22 is saying is that your comment didn't make sense. At all.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Some people take this site a little to seriously. Kind of takes all the fun out of it.

ulissey_fml 22

I don't want to burst your bubble every one, but gum is produced with a kind of rubber that is as resistant as tyres. the only thing that woks is cold, icy, freezing cold. I rub ice cubes when I want to clean chewing gum stuck on a jean. Wait. what's that cat doing in the icebox?

I want to say, put pussy in the freezer haha. Seriously don't. animal rights people will be hunting you down if you do that

Last time I bathed my cats I wore an army jacket. It worked wonderfully!

Well I have an idea just put little mittens on the cat and then give him a bath...

While that does sound adorable, cats are better at wriggling free than they let on. ;)

Pop that pussy, hey Pop that pussy, baby Pop, pop that pussy, hey Pop that pussy, baby (Gotta throw in a song lyric!)

Sorry, I'm from Miami and a 2 Live Crew fan. We all have our guilty pleasures. Understandable they're not everyone's cup of tea. :P