By wvugirl - 19/04/2009 20:49 - United States

Today, I asked my boyfriend what he thinks about long term relationships. He said, "Our relationship is kinda like having a dog. Chances are, your dog is going to die pretty quickly, before you do. Dogs and humans just aren't meant to be together forever." He compared me to a dying dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 898
You deserved it 5 466

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a friend who got compared to ice cream in a breakup. "Girls are like ice cream...you have to try all the flavors before you choose one"

Ok, first off, you should dump him. Secondly, does that make any sense to anyone? Maybe i'm just tired but...

Comments

Eresbel 0

oh boo hoo. your boyfriend talked about a dog. he wasn't comparing you OR himself to a dog, he was comparing the RELATIONSHIP to that of one between a dog and a human. the FML isn't the comparison, it's that he doesn't think you guys will last.

To be fair, a dog is man's best friend

Ouch. Worst analogy/comparison ever. :/ I'm sure you're not like a dying dog at all, hun!

Funnybunny_fml 3

well he didn't come right out and say it... maybe he was comparing you to his trusty companion(the dog) or a girl dog( a bitch) ether way he's kinda a moron.

to #5, "ice cream" by raekwon. awesome.

ellebell 0

your boyfriend's theory makes absolutely no sense what so ever

ohhhhshizzz 0

Oh! Guys I get it:) He's saying that you aren't going to last long together. oh bahah, someone want's to break up. Oh & before someone chews me out, I was talking to the people who didn't get it. OP It is a FYL/YDI. I hope he is your EX boyfriend right now.

FrostyNorth 0

I believe he compared your relationship to a dog. They're new and exciting at first, then settle into a comfortable routine, and finally at some point they begin to slow down. Both are very hard to let go of at the end and are mourned after their passing. Sometimes you'll swear you'll never get another one again because losing it is too painful, but eventually you'll heal and love again. That's probably what he meant to say, he's just not great with words.

Thank you FrostyNorth. I'm astonished the OP failed so hard at understanding that comparaison. @#74 : In that FML, the OP herself dosen't understand, and has to twist the words of her boyfriend to make it soud like he said something different. She probably has self-esteem issues. In the lines of : «Sorry *insert girl name here* I can't lift you in the air. -SO YOU THINK I'M FAT?!?» No, no -*******- no. Stop twisting what people say, then jump to the wrong conclusion so you can feel insulted out of thin air. I have a friend who does that all the time. But I forgive her, I know it's because she has poor self-esteem and she is my friend regardless. Though I will be annoyed by a stranger puting words in other people's mouth and then making a scene. So, OP, YDI. Because you are the one who compared yourself to a dying dog. You boyfriend didn't say that. You did.

He might've been implying it will be good while it lasts. But, yeah, he basically doesn't believe that your relationship will last forever.