Pros and cons

By blahblah - 14/12/2010 02:01 - Canada

Today, I'm in a relationship with a guy who yells at me everyday for things I didn't do, is in a dead-end job and is not attractive whatsoever, but I can't bring myself to break up with him because he would get to keep the dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 485
You deserved it 53 424

Same thing different taste

Top comments

White_Fury 0

YDI. take the dog to a safe location where he will never find it, like where your self respect is. THEN break up with him :)

Waffcakes 0

dang, get over it. break up with him and tell him you get the dog. Go do what they did on legally blonde (:

Comments

ekdfml 20

I got a muthafucking final today and I'm on FML. FML

Suck it up princess take the dog and run to Mexico?

teach the dog to poo in his mouth when his asleep. that way when you break up he'll pretty much beg you to take the dog.

37-so disturbing it just may work! on the down side it may just start pooping into everyones mouth including the OPs.

mz_booty 0

didn't the dog go "missing" ??? that's right op steal the dog and get the puck outta there!!!

Bring ol'yeller out back. Then move to Mexico with the dog.

Nuketown 0

65 I wonder how many people have gotten excited by your profile pic. happened to me twice allready... oooh, shit brb ahhhh much better

very_ugly_girl 0

Every time I see your profile picture Epicpear, it reminds me of a big green poop.

kofinater 3

@59 I'm tierd of "win" comments, just vote them up and move on, thats what the thumbs are for

iliveinthesky_fml 0

Why don't you hire Reese Witherspoon?

iliveinthesky_fml 0

Why don't you hire Reese Witherspoon?

iliveinthesky_fml 0

Why don't you hire Reese Witherspoon?

iliveinthesky_fml 0

Why don't you hire Reese Witherspoon?

Buchitoo 4

Okay, you can't just GET another dog. Every dog is different and has a unique personality. Dogs become your bestfriend and someone you love. People get attatched to dogs like they get attatched to people.

SmallTownCutie 0

46- I agree 100%. I grew up with dogs, and of course they die, and it honestly very depressing. I imagine it would be the same feeling if your dog was taken from you. I guess no one else has bonded with their pets.

yeah thank you! OP you totally deserve being treated like crap and all the other things if that's the reason why you're still with him.

grizzvolleyball9 4

When you have a dog..it isn't that easy to just get another one.. I agree with 46

knight0748 5

2, you're a hot nerd. Dogs are really dumb actually, I have a one, they just want to mooch off of you. but owners projects their emotions and personalities onto them, so to leave them would be leave part of yourself.

collegegirl87 0

Umm no.. actually dogs and most animals are very smart. It has been proven that dogs can solve problems, and they learn cognitively.

Buchitoo 4

ugh my comment disappeared. But here goes again. I completely agree with you 46. It is not easy to just get a dog because you get attached to it. But I prefer to leave him and the dog behind and live happy even WITHOUT my dog than to live a miserable live with it.... and Thanks 115. :-)

science_nerd 5

Yeah people with no friends or a life, I understand each dog is different but it isn't worth being treated like shit

Waffcakes 0

dang, get over it. break up with him and tell him you get the dog. Go do what they did on legally blonde (:

whoisthisgirl 4

I'd say bring the dog to a friends, say it ran away then break up with him lol

i love that movie... get a friend/aturney (?) to help as well!!!

White_Fury 0

YDI. take the dog to a safe location where he will never find it, like where your self respect is. THEN break up with him :)

oceanbeauty 17

ydi because you are voluntarily putting yourself through that

sourgirl101 28

So you'd rather be treated like a dog yourself?

MEM0817 18

Very good point! It's never gonna get better.. only worse.

I hate that saying. most dogs are treated better than humans, I know mine is.

a_girl_i_know 0

I don't know why you're complaining about his looks and his attitude, it's your fault for getting with him in the first place.

WallyTheWombat 0

Exactly. Why did you start dating him in the first place if he isn't attractive whatsoever? Just tell him that you're pregnant and he won't have to contribute if you get to keep the dog.

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

Aw. Who says he would get to keep the dog? Break up or have him break up with you and figure out a joint custody schedule..

I love animals, I had a dog myself... But damn, a dog is NOT a child. I promise you it's not worth it to stay in a bad relationship because you love the dog. When will you learn? When he starts beating you because the dog shit on the floor? But hey, you'll at least have the dog. Make ******* sense.

i'd have to agree. also, i mean, really... if it is your dog, then just take it with you. if he keeps it, it's technically theft. if it's his dog, then just deal with it and leave. actually, you should take the dog anyway. i did a presentation on animal cruelty recently, and a lot of studies show that those who show a tendency to be abusive towards people are also more likely to be abusive towards animals. not to make you not want to go, but leaving might make him turn his anger toward the dog. so just take it and leave. he's not worth it, and you need to find your backbone.

this started out really sweet then got really ignorant

Darling...let it go before you get hurt.