By singleagain - 24/08/2009 05:16 - United States

Today, I almost got married. After the elaborate and very expensive wedding, my "husband" decided he did not want to sign the marriage license because he wasn't sure if he really wanted to settle down after all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 395
You deserved it 3 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HoorayForFML 0

He might have saved you trouble in the future. If that's how he felt, but signed the liscense, you guys might have gotten divorced anyway a few years from now. And, hey, you guys can always make it official later if he does finally decide to commit.... if you're still together, that is. ;)

Now that you've got the bigassed wedding you always wanted out of the way, you can concentrate on finding somebody worth marrying.

Comments

SCREWIT666 0

Maybe you shouldnt have pressured him INTO marriage in the first place? Automatically everyone assumes the guy is an ass without knowing all the facts. Too many women pushing marriage to secure THEIR happily ever after fairytale future.

CheshireHalli 19

What makes you think she pressured him? =/ Could be he just got cold feet... =/ OP: FYL.

i find it hard to believe that she had NO idea that he was having second thoughts until after the ceremony. that is, unless she was on the crazy wedding train and completely focused on the ceremony and reception instead of the marriage.

I hope you kicked him in the crotch and made out with the best man!

If this is real, that sucks. But I do sense a fake FML here. In Ohio, you must sign a marriage license at least a month before the wedding ceremony. In some counties it might be a little less, but nonetheless you must have a license in order to have an ordained minister perform the ceremony. I'm assuming since you said 'elaborate and expensive' you didn't just have a clerks' office wedding...so yeah.

fluffypoo09 0

In some places you don't need a marriage license that early and you don't need it signed before the ceremony... you can sign after the wedding, although a lot of people do it before.

Well that's why I said in Ohio you can't. so this can't be true. If you'd notice, OP is from Ohio.

IF you almost got married, it wouldn't make him you're husband!

which is why it says "husband" in quotation marks...and it wouldn't make him YOUR husband...not you're -_-

well you're lucky to have gotten that far. I'm a 23 year old virgin male that has never had a long term relationship with anybody who cared for me like that.

.....I'm pretty sure you sign the license before the ceremony.

As someone who got married last year and has been to heaps of weddings, I can assure you that you sign everything at the end of the wedding ceremony.

Different state. OP lives in Ohio, you must sign before wedding.

Kay_Ell_Dee 0