By singleagain - 24/08/2009 05:16 - United States

Today, I almost got married. After the elaborate and very expensive wedding, my "husband" decided he did not want to sign the marriage license because he wasn't sure if he really wanted to settle down after all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 395
You deserved it 3 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HoorayForFML 0

He might have saved you trouble in the future. If that's how he felt, but signed the liscense, you guys might have gotten divorced anyway a few years from now. And, hey, you guys can always make it official later if he does finally decide to commit.... if you're still together, that is. ;)

Now that you've got the bigassed wedding you always wanted out of the way, you can concentrate on finding somebody worth marrying.

Comments

Zeke4448 0

I feel bad for him. Getting married is extremely stressful. Don't be a b!tch and force him....

Did your dad forget to bring his ******* shotgun?

You dodged a bullet there. And... at least you got a party out of it? Which isn't much by the way of condolences, I know. But, silver lining?

It was probably for the best if your first thought after is to spread the news across the internet rather than lying in bed all day crying and eating chips straight from the freezer like any normal person would.

annamg 0

I doubt it actually happened "today." You're just required to put that in front of your FMLs.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

yeah, we should be able to put "today" or "this week" or start it with "last night" and in the middle put "and now today"

m sorry - if u were gay i would have marrried u instead :P lol cheer up its ok relax

Aww thats so horrible! FYL, you sure know how to pick 'em.

lakita_lover 0

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's better than getting a divorce later, right? Still, it's a shame that he couldn't have figured out how he felt about settling down before the expensive wedding. I hope you have better luck finding the right guy in the future.

Jenspaztic 0

thats why most people get the marriage certificate signed before the actually ceremony so they don't have a wedding and no marriage.

Sue him for the cost of the wedding.